Page 1 of 1

arduino

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:30 pm
by scalprum
Hi all,

recently I bought an arduino UNO board atMega328p.

Being interested in ChibiOS/RT, I was wondering If it is viable to port it to the arduino board.
(The mcu on the arduino comes with a preloaded bootloader: does it conflict with ChibiOS/RT?)

Thanks.

Re: arduino

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:16 pm
by Giovanni
Hi,

I would have to verify but I don't foresee problems, the OS can be integrated in a way to not conflict with the bootloader. I am more worried about the limited RAM available, it is 1KB, right?

Giovanni

Re: arduino

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:30 am
by scalprum
HI Giovanni,

I guess it should fit.
According to Chibios/Rt's "Recommended system specs":
    - 2KiB RAM.
    - 16KiB ROM/Flash
... and to arduino UNO specs:
    - Flash Memory 32 KB (ATmega328) of which 0.5 KB used by bootloader
    - SRAM 2 KB (ATmega328)
    - EEPROM 1 KB (ATmega328)

If I decide to give a try, I'll post the results on this forum.
(... it depends how hard is going to be ...)

CIAO

Re: arduino

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:42 am
by Giovanni
Hi,

2kB are enough for real applications using ChibiOS/RT, you should not have problems.

Giovanni