Page 1 of 2
TI CC3000 Wifi interface
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:00 am
by kjarke
Has anybody interfaced the TI CC3000 simple link WiFi chip with ChibiOS? It requires SPI and an interrupt. There are some code samples on the TI webpage and in theory it shouldn't be tricky. If nobody has any code I'll report on my project once I find time to work on it.
Re: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:56 pm
by colin
Haven't done it yet but I plan to! Keep us posted on your progress!
Re: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:03 am
by tecnologic
Hi Together,
ich found an Cpp driver from mbed an Ported it to Chibios, but i have Problems with compiling
Code: Select all
./lib/cc3000/Socket/Endpoint.h:23:17: error: 'mbed_cc3000' is not a namespace-name
./lib/cc3000/Socket/Endpoint.h:23:28: error: expected namespace-name before ';' token
./lib/cc3000/Socket/Endpoint.h:63:5: error: 'sockaddr_in' does not name a type
./lib/cc3000/Socket/Endpoint.h:64:5: error: 'cc3000' does not name a type
My Code can be found at
https://github.com/Tecnologic/ThunderCryerthe namespace mbed_cc3000' is defined in the cc3000.h, and this file included so i dont see the issue.
Maybe someone else could help.
Thanks
Greetings
Tec
Re: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:02 pm
by tecnologic
Solved the problem there were name conflicts.
now testing.
i'll keep u updated.
Re: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:22 pm
by Tectu
With what hardware are you testing? STM32F407-Discovery? I would be very very thankful if you could provide some running software or even a whole .zip of your project afterwards showing some nice demos. I have one of these CC3000 myself but I never bothered with any internet/networking stuff.
~ Tectu
Re: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:30 pm
by tecnologic
Hi Tectu,
i'am running STM32F407-Discovery and WRL-3000v2 from embedded adventures.
My cc3000 Driver is aport from an mbed cpp library.
maybe in the next days i have something running.
greetings
Tec
Re: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:52 pm
by 0xc0170
Hello,
what have you changed in the cc3000 driver? I am referring to the conflicts of namespace you wrote above. great seeing the host driver used outside of the mbed!
We are going to update the driver, I will do it today probably. You can update it, it will be more stable and complete EthernetInterface will be included, which simplifies all examples.
Regards,
0xc0170
Re: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:37 am
by tecnologic
Hi 0xc0170,
nice to read u, thanks for the driver. The problem with the name spaces was a conflict with chibios_rt namespace, cause i made the cc3000_spi class a chibios thread. Cause i serve the IRQ line in that thread.
But actualy i have problems with my SPI signals. Need to measure that but i had no time due to work.
Ist the new driver more no blocking? cause in an os enviroment, these while loops waiting for flags suck. Do u plan to use the driver with the mbed rtos? maybe we can make a general driver for rtos enviroment?
When can i load the new driver from mbed lab?
And one last question: has any body an idea how to easyly stream mp3s from my NAS to my board via the cc3000? i Though of UPnP but i found only basic implementations of this protocol for embedded devices.
greetings
Tec
Re: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:09 pm
by alan5
tecnologic wrote:Hi 0xc0170,
But actualy i have problems with my SPI signals. Need to measure that but i had no time due to work.
Tec
Hi folks,
I'm currently attempting to control a CC3000 with ChibiOS and a STM32L152. I am not using your library, as my C++ knowledge is somewhat lacking, so I'm trying pure C. To be honest I think my code is more or less OK, at least in the area I'm trying to debug. It looks like my wlan_start() is failing even though it *appears* my TX is OK (I used a logic analyser on the line), and I think at least part of the problem lies with the hardware connection between the CC3000 and my STM32.
I noticed your comment about SPI signals and was curious if you ran into something similar? Did you have to do any form of correction on the SPI lines to the CC3000 or were you able to just wire it up and have it work?
Re: TI CC3000 Wifi interface
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:14 pm
by snegovick
Hi, Ive used this
https://gist.github.com/alanbarr/8203430 code as a starting point, rewrote it and added almost everything needed to do manual connect to specified ssid, start tcp session and send data. If anybody is interested in this code, Ill share it on github.