ATmega32u4 freeze at powerup
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:22 am
Hi Guys,
I tried to seek help from the Arduino forum but no luck.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=266485.0
I have been running a ChibiOS/NIL on an ATmega32u4. It was super easy to implement my code. The moment I remove the USB and plug it back in, I break the bootloader! I am finish developping my code so I want a standalone module so I plug it in 12V. The moment I do that, I corrupt the bootloader. When developping, the USB cable is plug in the Arduino and I can upload my code and to all my test. The moment I remove the USB and try to apply external power again(USB, 5V, 12V, Vin, etc) it can not start. I have to reloader the bootloader, I connect to the serial port of the bootloader and reload the blink sketch.
I do not get this problem with the ATmega328. The problem is the same with the Arduino Micro.
I suppose that would be related to ATmega32u4 bootloader (Caterina). I think it might be ISR or watchdog that is continually resetting.
Here is a video of what is happening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVY_4SOJBtE
Thank you for you help.
I tried to seek help from the Arduino forum but no luck.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=266485.0
I have been running a ChibiOS/NIL on an ATmega32u4. It was super easy to implement my code. The moment I remove the USB and plug it back in, I break the bootloader! I am finish developping my code so I want a standalone module so I plug it in 12V. The moment I do that, I corrupt the bootloader. When developping, the USB cable is plug in the Arduino and I can upload my code and to all my test. The moment I remove the USB and try to apply external power again(USB, 5V, 12V, Vin, etc) it can not start. I have to reloader the bootloader, I connect to the serial port of the bootloader and reload the blink sketch.
I do not get this problem with the ATmega328. The problem is the same with the Arduino Micro.
I suppose that would be related to ATmega32u4 bootloader (Caterina). I think it might be ISR or watchdog that is continually resetting.
Here is a video of what is happening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVY_4SOJBtE
Thank you for you help.