Page 1 of 1

STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:37 pm
by littlekoala
Hi,

It seems the STM32F429 Discovery doesn't have the audio DAC (CS43L22) anymore. What can I do if I want to have
audio with this board? Would it be possible to use the teensy audio adapter board (https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy3_audio.html)
with this discovery board? is there any other better solution? Thanks.

LittelKoala

Re: STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:43 pm
by Giovanni
Several solutions actually, you could use DACs (driver not complete however) or PWMs as DACs.

That board could work too using the I2S driver but never tried it. Note the I2S driver is only present in 3.0 and not fully tested.

Giovanni

Re: STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:53 pm
by littlekoala
Thanks for the info. I read that the board has also Serial Audio Interface (SAI),
where can I get some information about it?

Re: STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:54 pm
by Giovanni
Hi,

On the STM32F4 Reference Manual.

Giovanni

Re: STM32F429 Discovery and Audio

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:34 pm
by littlekoala
Thank, I didn't check it :)