MCHCK support
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:23 pm
Hello,
I am really excited to get started with ChibiOS. However, I am having some trouble getting it running on my board (the MCHCK).
To the best of my understanding, the ChibiOS/demos/KINETIS/RT-MCHCK-K20-GPT demo should produce a program that will make the MCHCK LED blink. I've tried loading the produced binary to the offset specified by the bootloader (0xc00) but it bricks the bootloader rather than blinking. One of the MCHCK creators speculated that the ChibiOS linker files may have produced a binary that failed to compensate for the bootloader offset, so I also tried loading it to 0x0. This also failed to blink.
I don't really have an in-depth understanding of linker files or ChibiOS (I am hoping to work on the latter once I have it working on a board). If I may ask, would you give some pointers on what I should try next? Is my understanding of the intended purpose of the RT-MCHCK-K20-GPT correct? Does anyone know if the linker is taking the bootloader offset into account?
Thanks,
Charlie West
I am really excited to get started with ChibiOS. However, I am having some trouble getting it running on my board (the MCHCK).
To the best of my understanding, the ChibiOS/demos/KINETIS/RT-MCHCK-K20-GPT demo should produce a program that will make the MCHCK LED blink. I've tried loading the produced binary to the offset specified by the bootloader (0xc00) but it bricks the bootloader rather than blinking. One of the MCHCK creators speculated that the ChibiOS linker files may have produced a binary that failed to compensate for the bootloader offset, so I also tried loading it to 0x0. This also failed to blink.
I don't really have an in-depth understanding of linker files or ChibiOS (I am hoping to work on the latter once I have it working on a board). If I may ask, would you give some pointers on what I should try next? Is my understanding of the intended purpose of the RT-MCHCK-K20-GPT correct? Does anyone know if the linker is taking the bootloader offset into account?
Thanks,
Charlie West