Page 1 of 2

New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:36 pm
by Jacon

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:11 am
by noether
yeah, really good news. Now hopefully I do not have to maintain my own toolchain :P

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:18 am
by alyssaly
Indeed nice~Many thanks !

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:56 am
by Giovanni
Did anybody test it?

Giovanni

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:13 pm
by mobyfab
it does install and compile fine, but I haven't tried to upload the actual code.
I'll try to check this evening.

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:22 pm
by noether
Same here,

I will try it out this evening.

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:45 pm
by Jacon
Giovanni wrote:Did anybody test it?
Just done that:
Size of various memory blocks exactly (to the byte) the same as from latest CodeSourcery release.
Code works perfectly well on my STM32-F4 Discovery board :mrgreen:

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:32 am
by JetForMe
Is this a toolchain that can run on Mac OS X?

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:28 am
by Badger
It should compile just like the normal gcc does, e.g using something like summon-arm-toolchain. At least that's what I use on Mac, but I'm yet to try this new toolchain.

Re: New Cortex-M GCC release directly from ARM ?!

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:36 am
by JetForMe
I'm able to use Yagarto, but it'd be nice to get the stuff straight from ARM (presumably they know what's best). The sources came in two parts, and I've never seen that compression app before, so I haven't tried to build it. But I hope the sources are fully combined, and will just build, rather than doing it all in stages.

That's probably too much to hope for, isn't it?