Page 1 of 1

Modbus driver?

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:29 pm
by Noname
Hello

Is there somewhere a stable and reliable Modbus driver (master & slave) available for ChibiOS???

Thank you

Re: Modbus driver?

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 pm
by tfAteba
Hi Noname,

Just after a quick search, here is a git repository of alex31 a member of the forum.

https://github.com/alex31/bras_robot_e407_lcd4ds

I didn't make any test of the modbus part, you can try it and give feedback.

Re: Modbus driver?

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:30 pm
by Noname
Yes, I had found it also. But it only supports slave mode and not master mode :?

Re: Modbus driver?

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:36 pm
by tfAteba
You have to implement the master part then. It is the easiest part, I did it two year ago, but not with ChibiOS. It was on an embedded Linux board.

Take a look at the slave code it will help you to understand how to deal whit the master.