Page 1 of 1
ChibiOS/(NIL & RT) support for AVR XMega
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 pm
by tfAteba
Hello every body,
I started the port of ChibiOS on the AVR XMega architecture.
The port is not yet finished for the moment. There are still a lot of driver to write

.
I made some commit to the trunk to add the following features:
- System tick low level driver files, for the moment, just the periodic mode is implemented.
- PAL low level driver files.
- Board files, for the Maittair Tech MTAVR XMega128a4u USB development board (MT-DB-X4).
- Nil demo for the MT-DB-X4 board, the demo just toggle the onboard Led every second.
That all for the moment, I will regularly post about improvements.
Thanks.
Re: ChibiOS/(NIL & RT) support for AVR XMega
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:33 pm
by alexblack
Hi.
I made it 4 years ago

And somebody also did it too. There is no big interest for it. AVR cost much and still 8 bit. Also I had some strange problems which i can't solved.
http://www.chibios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=797&p=9616&hilit=xMega#p9616
Re: ChibiOS/(NIL & RT) support for AVR XMega
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:06 pm
by tfAteba
Hi Alexblack,
Thanks for your point of view. I sow your post some time ago.
I made it 4 years ago

And somebody also did it too. There is no big interest for it.
I made this port to learn how ChibiOS work, and also to write some drivers while making a port.
So for me there is a lot of interest

, I also think that it will be interesting and benefit for other people.
As you said you had some problems that you can't solve, I will see if I will have the same problem. If it is the case hope to solve it but for the moment I just started

.
The price for me is not important, because I just do that for fun and do not want to build a lot of products for example.
Re: ChibiOS/(NIL & RT) support for AVR XMega
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:27 pm
by tfAteba
Hi all,
Just want to said that I added another demo. This time, it is a demo that runs ChibiOS/RT. It simply toggle an LED for the moment.
All demos added for the ATXMega can be found under trunk/demo/AVR/
Thanks.
Re: ChibiOS/(NIL & RT) support for AVR XMega
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 pm
by tfAteba
Hello All,
I'm happy to announce that I have made an implementation of usart and serial low level driver that can be found at trunk/os/hal/ports/AVR/XMEGA/LLD/USARTv1.
Those driver can still be optimized if need, this is just a first draft to be able to use the xmega usart modules.
For the moment, just the USARTC0 have been tested, so the other usart still need a bunch of test.
For the moment, the USART driver do not use the DMA, that would be the next point of improvment for the USART driver.
To test the current state of the driver, I also made two testhal demos. They are located under trunk/testhal/AVR/XMEGA/
Inside there are a serial and usart demos that help to test those two drivers.
I'm very happy, now I can implement the ChibiOS test suite (RT/NIL/OSLIB) to test the XMEGA port and see if every things is ok.
Thanks
Re: ChibiOS/(NIL & RT) support for AVR XMega
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 pm
by tfAteba
Hi All,
Just to said that two drivers have been added:
- DAC
- DMA
Re: ChibiOS/(NIL & RT) support for AVR XMega
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:01 pm
by tfAteba
Hi all,
Since the last post, a number of drivers have been added to the port, here is a list list to resume the driver present at this time:
CRYPv1
DACv1
DMAv1
GPIOv1
SPIv1
TIMv1
USARTv1
WDGv1
Thanks.