Page 1 of 1

Default USB request handler incomplete

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:19 am
by e_l_tang
I found that Get Descriptor requests with interface recipients will not be handled correctly. Such a request will not cause the expected invocation of get_descriptor_cb.

Re: Default USB request handler incomplete

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:03 am
by Giovanni
Hi,

The default handler can be extended by the application, are you sure that a GET_DESCRIPTOR at interface level should be handled there? it is an easy change anyway.

Giovanni

Re: Default USB request handler incomplete

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:10 pm
by e_l_tang
All USB stacks I've encountered so far provide handling of this kind of request. Is there any reason why a Get Descriptor request would need to be handled outside of get_descriptor_cb?

Re: Default USB request handler incomplete

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:57 pm
by Giovanni
e_l_tang wrote:All USB stacks I've encountered so far provide handling of this kind of request. Is there any reason why a Get Descriptor request would need to be handled outside of get_descriptor_cb?


I am not sure, this is why I am asking.

Anyway, I will make the change.

Giovanni

Re: Default USB request handler incomplete

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:44 am
by Giovanni
Fixed as bug #885.

Giovanni

Re: Default USB request handler incomplete

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:25 pm
by e_l_tang
Thanks for the quick turnaround.