Page 1 of 1

compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:03 pm
by orion
Hi there,

Since last weekend, when trying to compile one of the AVR test or demo applications in the trunk branch, I get an error similar to the one below;

Code: Select all

Compiling chsys.c
In file included from ../../../../os/rt/include/ch.h:91:0,
                 from ../../../../os/rt/src/chsys.c:36:
../../../../os/rt/include/chchecks.h:212:2: error: #error "CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined in chconf.h"
 #error "CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined in chconf.h"

Aṕparently, this is caused by a change in os/rt/include/chchecks.h, which no longer defines CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK, but throws an error instead if CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK isn't defined.

Checking the chconf.h file in the AVR apps' chconf.h file I see the line

Code: Select all

#define CH_DBG_ENABLE_TRACE                 CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK_DISABLED

but no line defining CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK, whereas in some STM32 chconf.h file I see

Code: Select all

#define CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK                   CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK_DISABLE

Does this means the AVR files need to be updated? Is the update just the insertion of the line above?

Thanks.

Re: compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:34 pm
by tfAteba
Hi there, first of all I want to apologize for my long silence,
Last week was so sad for me, I lost my father, so I was to the funeral.

But now I'm back, and I will look at you problem the week as soon as possible and give you a feed back.

Thank you for your Patience.

Re: compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:28 pm
by orion
Theo,

Sorry to hear about your father. Take your time. This problem is not a pressing one. Cheers,

Hermano

Re: compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:33 pm
by Giovanni
Hi,

I recently introduced stronger checks in RT, that message is the result of that change, just take a chconf.h from a working demo, make sure to set the proper values in it by taking them from the old one.

Better an error message than unaligned files in demos.

Giovanni

Re: compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:34 pm
by tfAteba
Hi all,

I have just update all configuration files to remove this compilation error.