Page 1 of 2
STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 HAL port issues
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:43 am
by zmolnar
Hi!
I discovered two possible issues in the HAL port of STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 micros:
1. it uses GPIOv3 driver. This might be wrong, as these micros don't have ASCR. (page 274)
2. In the config of STM32L433 MCU SPI2 and I2C2 are disabled although they do exist in the controller (page 61-62)
STM32L41xxx/42xxx/43xxx/44xxx/45xxx/46xxx advanced Arm®-based 32-bit MCUsI'm using this version:
Code: Select all
gdisirio committed Jan 6, 2019
c62c5f50629f340eb3af59b0da2efea0ff7e8af5
git-svn-id: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/chibios/svn/trunk@12537 110e8d01-0319-4d1e-a829-52ad28d1bb01
If you can confirm, that these are real issues, later on I can provide you patches as well, but I don't have boards to test it.
BR,
Zoltan
Re: STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 HAL port issues
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:56 pm
by Giovanni
Apparently ST dropped this ASCR register for newer devices, it is not present in the new G0 and L5 families.
GPIOv3 can work when the register is not present, any write there is harmless. Still thinking to a full solution.
Giovanni
Re: STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 HAL port issues
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:32 am
by Giovanni
bump
I am thinking to remove GPIOv3 entirely...
Giovanni
Re: STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 HAL port issues
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:07 pm
by avrhack
What was the drive for having that different version and what will be missed if it is removed?
Re: STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 HAL port issues
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:09 pm
by Giovanni
The difference is the ASCR register in v3, something that ST removed in all successive devices.
Giovanni
Re: STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 HAL port issues
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:35 pm
by avrhack
I've just been working on an STM32L433 solution and noticed the STM32_HAS_I2C2 error in the registry. Irrespective of the ASCR register, surely this is a bug in the registry that is simply incorrect for the L433 as it does have I2C2?
Re: STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 HAL port issues
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:59 am
by Giovanni
Hi,
This has been reported among other problems:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5823Giovanni
Re: STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 HAL port issues
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:59 am
by avrhack
Thanks Giovanni. I did think it was very strange if no-one else had spotted it and did a search which is how I found this topic but clearly didn’t get the right search terms! Apologies.
I’ve made the changes myself locally pending the fix making it into an official build.
Cheers.
Re: STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 HAL port issues
Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:04 am
by Giovanni
Hi,
That other bug has been fixed, could you also check everything is fine now? thanks.
Giovanni
Re: STM32L432, STM32L433 and STM32L443 HAL port issues
Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:34 am
by avrhack
Giovanni wrote:Hi,
That other bug has been fixed, could you also check everything is fine now? thanks.
Giovanni
Yes saw your update on that. Will do - may take me a few days as we have visitors this weekend but will test early next week thanks.