Page 1 of 1

Cortex M7 support status/plans?

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:35 pm
by TnF
What's the status for these? I saw teensy 4.0 uses one and the actual MCU can do so much more :) It would be perfect for a much more demanding project as it is full of features and processing power, not to mention it's cost is so low.

I've found a library that allows for basic functionality ( https://github.com/greiman/ChRt ) however i guess if it is going to be supported by ChibiOS-Contrib drivers will need to be written for it.

Re: Cortex M7 support status/plans?

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:29 am
by Giovanni
Hi,

Cortex-M7 has been supported for years, I don't understand your request.

Giovanni

Re: Cortex M7 support status/plans?

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:53 pm
by TnF
I meant specifically for the i.MX RT1060 used in Teensy 4.0. Is this something that is handled by chibios-contrib?

Re: Cortex M7 support status/plans?

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:30 pm
by Giovanni
There is no specific support, the generic Cortex-M7 RTOS port can work on any M7 core by just adding the vendor CMSIS header files.

HAL is a different matter, it has to be ported to the specific platform, I am not sure if the Kinetis port in contrib can work on your device, you may try to contact the maintainer.

Giovanni