Message between thread and non-thread function
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:27 pm
Hi everyone,
I'm newbie to rtos implementations, kindly help me out.
I'm implementing a mechanism to synchronously transfer data between a thread function and a non-thread function. I want to use the "synchronous messages" to achieve this.
Is it possible to send a message from a thread function to a non-thread function? If yes, what should be the thread pointer to chMsgSend()?
If it is not possible, what is the best way to achieve synchronous data transfer in this case?
Thankyou
I'm newbie to rtos implementations, kindly help me out.
I'm implementing a mechanism to synchronously transfer data between a thread function and a non-thread function. I want to use the "synchronous messages" to achieve this.
Is it possible to send a message from a thread function to a non-thread function? If yes, what should be the thread pointer to chMsgSend()?
If it is not possible, what is the best way to achieve synchronous data transfer in this case?
Thankyou