Search found 18 matches
- Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:23 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: Resources on RTOS design
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3264
Re: Resources on RTOS design
Thanks Giovanni I will have to check that out. I have a BS in Electrical Engineering and an MS in Computer Engineering but I have always been better at hardware than software. Looking through the ChibiOS code has taught me some interesting tricks. Coding is so frustrating to me because I am good ...
- Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:28 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: Resources on RTOS design
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3264
Resources on RTOS design
Hi Giovanni,
I have been having a a great time looking through the ARMCMx port of ChibiOS to see how you implemented everything. It got me wondering "How did he know how to do all of this?". Are there any resources (e.g. books, websites, magazines) that have helped you in your design? I do not know ...
I have been having a a great time looking through the ARMCMx port of ChibiOS to see how you implemented everything. It got me wondering "How did he know how to do all of this?". Are there any resources (e.g. books, websites, magazines) that have helped you in your design? I do not know ...
- Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:03 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: intctx and extctx
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3753
Re: intctx and extctx
I believe you that this is the most complicated part!
So this is what I see from the code:
At the end of an interrupt PORT_IRQ_EPILOGUE() creates a space for an ISR stack frame (the "fake" frame) and makes sure the bit to indicate Thumb execution is set. It then checks to see another thread has ...
So this is what I see from the code:
At the end of an interrupt PORT_IRQ_EPILOGUE() creates a space for an ISR stack frame (the "fake" frame) and makes sure the bit to indicate Thumb execution is set. It then checks to see another thread has ...
- Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:05 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: intctx and extctx
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3753
intctx and extctx
Hi everyone,
So I have spent the last few evenings really trying to learn how the ARM port of ChibiOS works. I am a bit hung up on the use of extctx. Here is my understanding of the two ctx structures:
extctx (External Context?): The are the registers a function is allowed to clobber. After a call ...
So I have spent the last few evenings really trying to learn how the ARM port of ChibiOS works. I am a bit hung up on the use of extctx. Here is my understanding of the two ctx structures:
extctx (External Context?): The are the registers a function is allowed to clobber. After a call ...
- Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:27 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Section and stack alignment
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4387
Re: Section and stack alignment
Hmmm, I am having a hard time find the EABI document. I have found the "Base Standard ABI" and "Base Platform ABI" and the "Procedure Call Standard for the Arm Architecture" I can't seem to find anything that talks about alignment sections in RAM other than the quote I posted in my first post. I ...
- Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Section and stack alignment
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4387
Section and stack alignment
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could point me to the documents that discuss stack and section alignment?
I have been looking through the linker script for the STM32F4xx series and notices that several output sections are 16-byte aligned (e.g. startup : ALIGN(16) SUBALIGN(16)) while others are 4 ...
I was wondering if anyone could point me to the documents that discuss stack and section alignment?
I have been looking through the linker script for the STM32F4xx series and notices that several output sections are 16-byte aligned (e.g. startup : ALIGN(16) SUBALIGN(16)) while others are 4 ...
- Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:29 pm
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: Porting help, possible bug in AVR port
- Replies: 15
- Views: 15558
Re: Porting help, possible bug in AVR port
Muahaha! Thank goodness, I finally understand it.
Just to verify I commented out the "touching" of the registers and recompiled. The compiler still added those registers to the prologue. Thank you so much for walking me through how this all works. I have a much better grasp on it now.
Sam
Just to verify I commented out the "touching" of the registers and recompiled. The compiler still added those registers to the prologue. Thank you so much for walking me through how this all works. I have a much better grasp on it now.
Sam
- Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:48 am
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: Porting help, possible bug in AVR port
- Replies: 15
- Views: 15558
Re: Porting help, possible bug in AVR port
Phew, I got my port up and working. It isn't really much more than extending the program counter and adding a few registers to extctx, but still it is working.
I hate to ask this but I have to: The ISR calls a function (port_switch) so why do we need to manually save the call-used registers (r18 ...
I hate to ask this but I have to: The ISR calls a function (port_switch) so why do we need to manually save the call-used registers (r18 ...
- Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:19 pm
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: Porting help, possible bug in AVR port
- Replies: 15
- Views: 15558
Re: Porting help, possible bug in AVR port
Thank you for your patience.
That makes sense. I need to really start thinking more about what the compiler expects in terms of call-saved and call-used registers. I keep thinking that I have to do it all, while in reality the compiler will do most of it.
Sam
That makes sense. I need to really start thinking more about what the compiler expects in terms of call-saved and call-used registers. I keep thinking that I have to do it all, while in reality the compiler will do most of it.
Sam
- Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:01 pm
- Forum: AVR Support
- Topic: Porting help, possible bug in AVR port
- Replies: 15
- Views: 15558
Re: Porting help, possible bug in AVR port
Alright, that makes sense... but I should still save all of special "registers" in the ISR prologue right? That way when a task is switched back in these registers won't contain the garbage from a previous thread.
If that is true the problem I am facing is that the compiler saves some of these ...
If that is true the problem I am facing is that the compiler saves some of these ...