Search found 57 matches
- Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:07 pm
- Forum: User Projects
- Topic: Cool badge from Burning Man using Chibios 3.0
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4046
Re: Cool badge from Burning Man using Chibios 3.0
Ahaha, this is a crazy project for a crazy festival
The ideas behind are very fascinating, and the implementation too, simple but not trivial at all! 
- Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:57 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: Endianness macros
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4497
Endianness macros
Hello Giovanni,
I am developing some register mapping for cross-platform code. You chose C99 as the standard in ChibiOS 3, and that's a wise choice IMHO. C99 provides the stdint.h header with portable integer types, but the standard still lacks any portable way to determine the architecture ...
I am developing some register mapping for cross-platform code. You chose C99 as the standard in ChibiOS 3, and that's a wise choice IMHO. C99 provides the stdint.h header with portable integer types, but the standard still lacks any portable way to determine the architecture ...
- Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:40 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: [PARTY] 3.0.0 release party thread :-)
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10520
Re: 3.0.0 stable branch
Now this is what is an official RTOS for people in year 2015 A.D. 
- Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:04 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/RT
- Topic: Heap size, C++11 and THD_WA_SIZE in v3
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10131
Re: Heap size, C++11 and THD_WA_SIZE in v3
You don't have to use dynamic memory allocation with C++ (the new operator can also work on a preallocated chunk!), nor you have to use the STL with its default allocators if you think it isn't good for your purpose (many developers don't like it).
C++ as a language is capable to run at the same ...
C++ as a language is capable to run at the same ...
- Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/RT
- Topic: Heap size, C++11 and THD_WA_SIZE in v3
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10131
Re: Heap size, C++11 and THD_WA_SIZE in v3
There is no harm in using C++ at all, just disable RTTI and exceptions if you do not strictly need them. C++ only fails when using the condemned singleton pattern, because a proper singleton's methods need the this parameter (just like any other C++ class instances), which should be constant and ...
- Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:32 pm
- Forum: User Projects
- Topic: Triple buffer handler
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3688
Triple buffer handler
Hello,
I have just added a triple buffer handler to my community repository , with a fully-featured demo for STM32F429 Discovery, and a subset of it for Win32/MinGW. If not using blocking functions, the handler is 100% OSAL-compatible, while blocking functions require semaphores and are both RT- and ...
I have just added a triple buffer handler to my community repository , with a fully-featured demo for STM32F429 Discovery, and a subset of it for Win32/MinGW. If not using blocking functions, the handler is 100% OSAL-compatible, while blocking functions require semaphores and are both RT- and ...
- Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:38 pm
- Forum: ChibiStudio
- Topic: Multithread debugging with chibistudio and openocd
- Replies: 11
- Views: 15191
Re: Multithread debugging with chibistudio and openocd
Hi steved,
I'm using ChibiStudio Preview 11, and OpenOCD replaced with its latest 0.9.0-rc1 version. I added "openocd_add_rtos.cfg" to the "<CHIBI_STUDIO>/tools" folder, with the same contents of the "add_rtos.cfg" file you mentioned.
The new Arguments of the external tool are the following:
-c ...
I'm using ChibiStudio Preview 11, and OpenOCD replaced with its latest 0.9.0-rc1 version. I added "openocd_add_rtos.cfg" to the "<CHIBI_STUDIO>/tools" folder, with the same contents of the "add_rtos.cfg" file you mentioned.
The new Arguments of the external tool are the following:
-c ...
- Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:50 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: chibios slideshow
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4109
Re: chibios slideshow
User tinito has made some juicy slides for an university course. I can't find them right now, I bet I've seen them somewhere in the ChibiOS website too.
EDIT: See the following post for an old presentation. IIRC, he updated it somewhere else.
http://forum.chibios.org/phpbb/viewtopic ...
EDIT: See the following post for an old presentation. IIRC, he updated it somewhere else.
http://forum.chibios.org/phpbb/viewtopic ...
- Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:29 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Missing LTDC and DMA2D related core stuff
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10810
Re: Missing LTDC and DMA2D related core stuff
It's up and running next to me 
- Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:17 pm
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Missing LTDC and DMA2D related core stuff
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10810
Re: Missing LTDC and DMA2D related core stuff
I've updated my community repository to remove dependencies on the ST peripheral library, and use the SDRAM by FSMC driver of the ChibiOS community instead.
Ok for the linker script, that's an easy fix, I'll move it too
Ok for the linker script, that's an easy fix, I'll move it too