Hi,
some more investigation show that this is the MMC SD card that is slow.
I added some measurement, and this is what I get when writing a 10 MB file to some SD cards :
Statistics
----------
- size of a writing block: 512
- Number of ticks: 69037
- Average Write Speed: 151. ...
Search found 9 matches
- Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:06 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32F107 OTG Mass Storage ultra slow
- Replies: 24
- Views: 28780
- Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:10 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32F107 OTG Mass Storage ultra slow
- Replies: 24
- Views: 28780
Re: STM32F107 OTG Mass Storage ultra slow
Hi Badger,
I actually did not measure the transfer rate. As far as I can remember, it took a good share of minutes to transfer a simple 8MB file.
Concerning the freeze, it may be that it is only an interpretation... it could be that it was actually doing its job, but so slow that it looked like ...
I actually did not measure the transfer rate. As far as I can remember, it took a good share of minutes to transfer a simple 8MB file.
Concerning the freeze, it may be that it is only an interpretation... it could be that it was actually doing its job, but so slow that it looked like ...
- Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:50 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: USB Mass Storage Device
- Replies: 112
- Views: 111925
Re: USB Mass Storage Device
Hi guys,
I posted a new question related to the Mass Storage device, here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=666#p6704
Fred
I posted a new question related to the Mass Storage device, here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=666#p6704
Fred
- Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:10 pm
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32F107 OTG Mass Storage ultra slow
- Replies: 24
- Views: 28780
STM32F107 OTG Mass Storage ultra slow
Hi,
I'm using Mass Storage device code from Badger... Great work! but I have a problem.
The data transfer is damn slow... and even freezes sometimes.
Has anyone already got this problem.
Has anyone some clues how to fix or where to investigate ?
as a side note: we plan to develop a composite usb ...
I'm using Mass Storage device code from Badger... Great work! but I have a problem.
The data transfer is damn slow... and even freezes sometimes.
Has anyone already got this problem.
Has anyone some clues how to fix or where to investigate ?
as a side note: we plan to develop a composite usb ...
- Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:38 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10145
Re: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips
Hello all,
I confirm that everything works fine now.
Shame on me, I had forgotten to update the path to the REV_B board directory... now we have the serial console, the shell, fatfs, etc...
We compile, flashed and connected from windows, linux and macosX, it all works.
@MaBl: Thanks for your help ...
I confirm that everything works fine now.
Shame on me, I had forgotten to update the path to the REV_B board directory... now we have the serial console, the shell, fatfs, etc...
We compile, flashed and connected from windows, linux and macosX, it all works.
@MaBl: Thanks for your help ...
- Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10145
Re: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips
Bad news, after recompiling with Rev.B board files, it still does not work.
Something sounds suspicious to me :
/*
* Port D setup:
* PD0 - Input with PU (unconnected).
* PD1 - Input with PU (unconnected).
* PD2 - Input with PU (unconnected).
* PD3 - Input with PU (unconnected ...
Something sounds suspicious to me :
/*
* Port D setup:
* PD0 - Input with PU (unconnected).
* PD1 - Input with PU (unconnected).
* PD2 - Input with PU (unconnected).
* PD3 - Input with PU (unconnected ...
- Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10145
Re: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips
@mabl: Prima
I hope it will fix our problem. This will also help us understand a bit more how the mapping works.
@giovanni: yes, we should include Rev.B board definition. By the way, thanks for your great work. We are new here, we'll contrite as much as we can.
@giovanni: yes, we should include Rev.B board definition. By the way, thanks for your great work. We are new here, we'll contrite as much as we can.
- Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10145
Re: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips
Yes indeed. Any particular issue with that ? Is the code of the demo for revision A ?
Fred
Fred
- Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:43 am
- Forum: Development and Feedback
- Topic: STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10145
STM32F1xx - serial terminal not working - needs tips
Hello,
I'm working with the ARMCM3-STM32F107-FATFS demo, on the Olimex STM32-P107 board.
I'm supposed to have an interactive terminal on the COM1 port, that is mapped to USART2.
I have nothing!!! and I cannot find why.
I connect to the board with
screen /dev/tty.USB1 38400
Nothing happens ...
I'm working with the ARMCM3-STM32F107-FATFS demo, on the Olimex STM32-P107 board.
I'm supposed to have an interactive terminal on the COM1 port, that is mapped to USART2.
I have nothing!!! and I cannot find why.
I connect to the board with
screen /dev/tty.USB1 38400
Nothing happens ...