This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
trepidacious wrote:I've just got hold of a Discovery 429, I was planning to try out ChibiOS on it, starting with modifying the mcuconf and board files from the discovery 407 versions. Is there anything else to watch out for? Giovanni mentioned changes to the HAL, I guess there would be changes needed to support additional hardware like the extra SPI channels etc. Are the peripherals that the 429 shares with the 407 likely to work without modifications?
Ben.
Can you have a look on the chip version of STM32f429 on the kit? version A or Y? Because there is a big bug for version A's sdram.....
ilovezeno wrote:Because there is a big bug for version A's sdram.....
Can you give some more information about that? (I didn't read any errata yet...)
~ Tectu
Now there is errata online. The bug is if the CPU is visiting sdram, and there is a interrupt coming, then it will be a fault. So you can't use sdram by CPU...