Hey,
I'm new to both chibios and ARM programming, Im wondering about all the steps necessary to run and load the stm32f1 demo code on a stm32f0 board. Right now I have ubuntu with the gcc cross compiler and st-util. I have just compiled the F1 board and targeted it to the f0 discovery which started loading but didn't finish(understandable), and I think I need some guidance as to which files I need to change.
Thanks
John
Running Demo code on STM32F0 discovery
Moderator: RoccoMarco
Re: Running Demo code on STM32F0 discovery
To flash I use the following line
I work with stm32l1, but I thinkthe flashing directive is the same for stm32f0 as well.
I find that I cannot work with openocd reliably, but st-flash works.
Code: Select all
st-flash write build/ch.bin 0x8000000I work with stm32l1, but I thinkthe flashing directive is the same for stm32f0 as well.
I find that I cannot work with openocd reliably, but st-flash works.
Re: Running Demo code on STM32F0 discovery
I think? I just need to point the make file to the f0 appropriate places:include $(CHIBIOS)/boards/ST_STM32VL_DISCOVERY/board.mk
I changed these, but my make is still tossing errors,
I removed the include stm32f10x.h from stm32.h, now Im getting more fundamental issues:
Obviously commenting out that stm32f10x.h from stm32.h was a mistake. Does anyone have a working make/ demo for stmf0 discovery?
Code: Select all
include $(CHIBIOS)/os/hal/platforms/STM32F1xx/platform.mk
include $(CHIBIOS)/os/hal/hal.mk
include $(CHIBIOS)/os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx/STM32F1xx/port.mkI changed these, but my make is still tossing errors,
I removed the include stm32f10x.h from stm32.h, now Im getting more fundamental issues:
Code: Select all
Compiling test.c
In file included from ../../os/hal/include/hal.h:43:0,
from ../../test/test.c:26:
../../os/hal/platforms/STM32F0xx/hal_lld.h:393:2: error: #error "Using a wrong mcuconf.h file, STM32F0xx_MCUCONF not defined"
In file included from ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32F0xx/hal_lld.h:766:0,
from ../../os/hal/include/hal.h:43,
from ../../test/test.c:26:
../../os/hal/platforms/STM32F0xx/stm32_dma.h:183:3: error: unknown type,
../../os/hal/platforms/STM32F0xx/stm32_dma.h:183:3: error: unknown type name 'DMA_Channel_TypeDef'
In file included from ../../os/hal/include/hal.h:53:0,
from ../../test/test.c:26:
../../os/hal/include/tm.h:77:3: error: unknown type name 'halrtcnt_t'
../../os/hal/include/tm.h:78:3: error: unknown type name 'halrtcnt_t'
../../os/hal/include/tm.h:79:3: error: unknown type name 'halrtcnt_t'
In file included from ../../os/hal/include/adc.h:94:0,
from ../../os/hal/include/hal.h:55,
from ../../test/test.c:26:
../../os/hal/platforms/STM32F0xx/adc_lld.h:286:3: error: unknown type name 'ADC_TypeDef'
In file included from ../../os/hal/include/pwm.h:103:0,
from ../../os/hal/include/hal.h:62,
from ../../test/test.c:26:
../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/TIMv1/pwm_lld.h:258:2: error: #error "Invalid IRQ priority assigned to TIM3"
In file included from ../../os/hal/include/serial.h:111:0,
from ../../os/hal/include/hal.h:64,
from ../../test/test.c:26:
../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/USARTv2/serial_lld.h:175:2: error: #error "Invalid IRQ priority assigned to USART1"
In file included from ../../os/hal/include/hal.h:64:0,
from ../../test/test.c:26:
../../os/hal/include/serial.h:138:3: error: unknown type name 'USART_TypeDef'
In file included from ../../os/hal/include/spi.h:93:0,
from ../../os/hal/include/hal.h:66,
from ../../test/test.c:26:
../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/SPIv2/spi_lld.h:222:2: error: #error "Invalid IRQ priority assigned to SPI1"
../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/SPIv2/spi_lld.h:252:2: error: #error "invalid DMA stream associated to SPI1 RX"
../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/SPIv2/spi_lld.h:257:2: error: #error "invalid DMA stream associated to SPI1 TX"
../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/SPIv2/spi_lld.h:363:3: error: unknown type name 'SPI_TypeDef'Obviously commenting out that stm32f10x.h from stm32.h was a mistake. Does anyone have a working make/ demo for stmf0 discovery?
Re: Running Demo code on STM32F0 discovery
I would suggest to start from either of the directories in the
testhal/STM32F0xx
They have known to work code samples. You will just need to trace appropriate pins to the ones at your board.
Most importantly they have a proper Makefile which compiles, just fill it with needed extras.
testhal/STM32F0xx
They have known to work code samples. You will just need to trace appropriate pins to the ones at your board.
Most importantly they have a proper Makefile which compiles, just fill it with needed extras.
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Running Demo code on STM32F0 discovery
The key part is this one:
You need to take the file mcuconf.h from an F0 demo, they are different for each family. I suggest you start from an F0 demo then add what you need.
Giovanni
JohnL wrote:#error "Using a wrong mcuconf.h file, STM32F0xx_MCUCONF not defined"
You need to take the file mcuconf.h from an F0 demo, they are different for each family. I suggest you start from an F0 demo then add what you need.
Giovanni
Re: Running Demo code on STM32F0 discovery
Thanks! I didn't realize there was other demos in the TEST folders
Ive got code running!
No to figure out how to use chibios! Best regards
John
Ive got code running!
No to figure out how to use chibios! Best regards
John