Hello, is it safe to use the MMC over SDC driver included in the 2.6.1 release of the os?
Is the 8 bit bus supported?
-g
STM32F4XX MMC/SDC driver status
Moderator: RoccoMarco
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: STM32F4XX MMC/SDC driver status
Really nice!
In order to start development the right way, where could I find sample code of mmc/sdc using SDIO?
Thank you!
-g
In order to start development the right way, where could I find sample code of mmc/sdc using SDIO?
Thank you!
-g
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: STM32F4XX MMC/SDC driver status
hi
Im integrating micro sd card to stm32f4 discovery board using SDC driver.Initially I formatted the sd card uisng FAT32 and called sdcConnect(&SDCD1) function ,it returns zero and then I'm trying to mount the file system using f_mount(0, &SDC_FS);This function returns FR_OK.After that when I tried to open a file using f_open it is returning FR_DISK_ERR.What might be the reason?Is there any sample code to refer?
Im integrating micro sd card to stm32f4 discovery board using SDC driver.Initially I formatted the sd card uisng FAT32 and called sdcConnect(&SDCD1) function ,it returns zero and then I'm trying to mount the file system using f_mount(0, &SDC_FS);This function returns FR_OK.After that when I tried to open a file using f_open it is returning FR_DISK_ERR.What might be the reason?Is there any sample code to refer?
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: STM32F4XX MMC/SDC driver status
I don't have FatFS code at hand, the demos are very simple but I know several people is using FatFS without problems. If you have a chance try to join the IRC chibios channel and ask there.
Giovanni
Giovanni
Re: STM32F4XX MMC/SDC driver status
The FATFs works really nice with STM32F4 and ChibiOS.
I think you should take care of accessing files on your card from the same process: I will suggest you to use a logger process, containing all the stuff relative
to FATFs.
Bye.
-g
I think you should take care of accessing files on your card from the same process: I will suggest you to use a logger process, containing all the stuff relative
to FATFs.
Bye.
-g
Re: STM32F4XX MMC/SDC driver status
ucasano wrote:The FATFs works really nice with STM32F4 and ChibiOS.
Did you have to do anything special to get FATFs to work?
Or is it just a simple compile/link to your program?
Re: STM32F4XX MMC/SDC driver status
Hi,
Now f_open,f_read,f_close functions are working.But f_write function still gives disk error.This error is causing by the 'create chain' function.Internally this is causing by "get_fat" function,
case FS_FAT32 :
test3 = move_window(fs, fs->fatbase + (clst / (SS(fs) / 4)));
This move_window returns FR_DISK_ERR.
Any idea?
Now f_open,f_read,f_close functions are working.But f_write function still gives disk error.This error is causing by the 'create chain' function.Internally this is causing by "get_fat" function,
case FS_FAT32 :
test3 = move_window(fs, fs->fatbase + (clst / (SS(fs) / 4)));
This move_window returns FR_DISK_ERR.
Any idea?