Hi!
I am a beginner in ChibiOS/RT.
first I tried to use by the LCD screen stm32vldistsovery.
I took a working sample project and moved him out of his driver in a test project for stm32vldistsovery.
and here I was unlucky - this code does not work, LСD is not initialized.
maybe I made a mistake somewhere?
This working project:
And this is my attempt to cross HD44780 and Chibios:
thank you in advance for your help.
HD44780 not initialized
Moderator: RoccoMarco
Re: HD44780 not initialized
Hi All!
Maybe someone can share a working example without using µGFX?
Thanks.
Maybe someone can share a working example without using µGFX?
Thanks.
Re: HD44780 not initialized
shilow wrote:Maybe someone can share a working example without using µGFX?
Note that the TDISP module and therefore the HD44780 driver have been removed/deprecated from the µGFX project. It was announced in the forum including a hint that the driver is/was not working anymore.
Edit: Moved this thread to the STM32 support forum.
~ Tectu
Re: HD44780 not initialized
I figured out what the problem was.
In my case did not work function palClearPort() and palSetPort().
I replaced them on palSetPad()/palClearPad() for single bit, and pal_lld_setport()/pal_lld_clearport() for groups of bits.
working example in the attachment.
In my case did not work function palClearPort() and palSetPort().
I replaced them on palSetPad()/palClearPad() for single bit, and pal_lld_setport()/pal_lld_clearport() for groups of bits.
working example in the attachment.
Re: HD44780 not initialized
Thank you for your working example!
Can I use 3.3v character LCD like this one for this example?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16x2-1602-Character-LCD-Module-Black-Background-Yellow-Characters-3-3V-/170972304955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cebe563b
I got some of them (3.3v) by accident and I was wondering if they can be used with my STM32 discovery boards...
Thanks
Thanos
Can I use 3.3v character LCD like this one for this example?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16x2-1602-Character-LCD-Module-Black-Background-Yellow-Characters-3-3V-/170972304955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cebe563b
I got some of them (3.3v) by accident and I was wondering if they can be used with my STM32 discovery boards...
Thanks
Thanos
Re: HD44780 not initialized
tronicgr wrote:Thank you for your working example!
Can I use 3.3v character LCD like this one for this example?
yes, of course.
if there is the datasheet for your display - verify the initialization procedure, it may be slightly different.
Re: HD44780 not initialized
FYI - I have to change the delay logic to get this code working with my display:
Code: Select all
palSetPad(LCD_PORT, LCD_PIN_E); // En high
chThdSleepMicroseconds(10); // enable pulse must be >450ns
palClearPad(LCD_PORT, LCD_PIN_E); // En low
chThdSleepMicroseconds(40); // commands need > 37us to settle