[TODO] HAL for Watchdog timer (for STM32F10x)

This forum is about you. Feel free to discuss anything is related to embedded and electronics, your awesome projects, your ideas, your announcements, not necessarily related to ChibiOS but to embedded in general. This forum is NOT for support.
Post Reply
User avatar
z80
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:36 pm

[TODO] HAL for Watchdog timer (for STM32F10x)

Post by z80 »

Hi!

I failed to find ready to use Watchdog timer HAL implementation for Chibios. So I had to implement it myself. Please, have a look.

watchdog.zip
STM32F10x IWDG HAL layer and Watchdog abstract driver.
(5 KiB) Downloaded 1104 times
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: HAL for Watchdog timer (for STM32F10x)

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

Good job, I will look into including it into the HAL, apparently there is not much to add there, if anything.

Giovanni
dsigma
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:18 am

Re: HAL for Watchdog timer (for STM32F10x)

Post by dsigma »

Hi Giovanni, I was wondering if you were planning on integrating this at any point in time? This would be very useful...

Best Regards,
-D
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: HAL for Watchdog timer (for STM32F10x)

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

Sorry I forgot about this, I will put it in list for 3.0.

Giovanni
dsigma
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:18 am

Re: [TODO] HAL for Watchdog timer (for STM32F10x)

Post by dsigma »

cool! thanks! :)
JamesS
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 am

Re: [TODO] HAL for Watchdog timer (for STM32F10x)

Post by JamesS »

Now trying on STM32F407.

Integrated and builds clean.

Thanks.

James.
Vik
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: [TODO] HAL for Watchdog timer (for STM32F10x)

Post by Vik »

Hi all,

I can confirm that this works perfectly on the STM32F303 (F3 Discovery board).

Many thanks for this z80, I was just at the point where I would have needed to write it myself, so you saved me a few days of development time :)

Cheers,
Vik
Post Reply