I've created a library for ChibiOS called LEDComm.
It allows you to use a single LED for slow (around 30 baud), very short range wireless (less than an inch), bidirectional asynchronous serial communications. The signalling allows for half-duplex operation, 7- or 8-bits per character (transferred in big-endian order) and optional odd, even, mark or space parity. A description of its operation is provided at http://mecrisp.sourceforge.net/ledcomm.htm.
LEDComm was developed as part of a project to collect data from honey bee hives. I wanted an effective (and cheap) way to exchange data between the hive boxes that didn't involve wires. Just as Giovanni Di Sirio has shared ChibiOS with the community, I offer this small contribution in return.
The code is available at https://github.com/klpauba/LEDComm and is intended to be copied to $(CHIBIOS)/ext/ledcomm.X.Y.Z (the current -- and first -- version is tagged as 1.0.0).
Constructive criticism is welcomed.
LEDComm -- a library for wireless serial communications
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: LEDComm -- a library for wireless serial communications
Hi,
Good work with the code (nice touch the serial-like interface) but you don't need to put me as copyright owner
It is your work, feel free to license it as you wish.
Giovanni
Good work with the code (nice touch the serial-like interface) but you don't need to put me as copyright owner
Giovanni
Re: LEDComm -- a library for wireless serial communications
Thanks, Giovanni. I wanted to make it so you would feel free to (eventually) distribute it in the ext/ directory at some point in the future. I was too lazy to search around and see how others had licensed their work.
I'll revisit it.
Next up: LEDComm-UART driver.
I'll revisit it.
Next up: LEDComm-UART driver.
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: LEDComm -- a library for wireless serial communications
Don't worry, ext software is supposed to remain copyright of the contributors.
Giovanni
Giovanni