Dear users,
I'm struggling with ChibiOS and Oryx Embedded Cyclone TCP integration for STM32F417VGT6 (or STM32F4 Discovery board - STM32F407VG). Is anybody willing to help me with that? My IDE is IAR or Keil, I want to port the HTTP server example fro STM32F4_Discovery board from Oryx CycloneTCP package (the demo is based on FreeRTOS).
What should I change to get ChibiOS working instead of FreeRTOS?
Oryx Embedded is providing chibiOS port file, but I have no experience with porting project between RTOSes.
Giovanni and other "power users", you help will be highly appreciated.
Please at least give me some directions. I know that I must add ChibiOS to the project, switch from freertos to chibios in osportconfig.h header file, but after that I do not know what to do...
Please help me.
Thank you very much.
Best regards
Grzegorz
ChibiOS/RT and Oryx Embedded CycloneTCP
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: ChibiOS/RT and Oryx Embedded CycloneTCP
Hi,
Interesting product, they advertise it as compatible with ChibiOS, don't they have a demo for it already?
Giovanni
Interesting product, they advertise it as compatible with ChibiOS, don't they have a demo for it already?
Giovanni
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: ChibiOS/RT and Oryx Embedded CycloneTCP
After some code browsing here: http://www.oryx-embedded.com
There are some small problems in the chibios-related code, the state checker would fail for example, it could be fixed easily. Some other details could be improved too.
The problem, from my point of view, is that they didn't integrate their stack into ChibiOS but integrated ChibiOS/RT (just the RTOS kernel) into their application model, I am not sure that the ChibiOS HAL would work because they also have their own device drivers so there could be conflicts. Their STM32 demos use the ST library and there isn't a demo with ChibiOS in the standard distribution.
Basically, for some reason, they exposed they RTOS abstraction layer API to the application so you have to use that API, not the native one. It is like they want to hide the underlying RTOS. Basically it is not playing nicely at the integration game.
Giovanni
There are some small problems in the chibios-related code, the state checker would fail for example, it could be fixed easily. Some other details could be improved too.
The problem, from my point of view, is that they didn't integrate their stack into ChibiOS but integrated ChibiOS/RT (just the RTOS kernel) into their application model, I am not sure that the ChibiOS HAL would work because they also have their own device drivers so there could be conflicts. Their STM32 demos use the ST library and there isn't a demo with ChibiOS in the standard distribution.
Basically, for some reason, they exposed they RTOS abstraction layer API to the application so you have to use that API, not the native one. It is like they want to hide the underlying RTOS. Basically it is not playing nicely at the integration game.
Giovanni
Re: ChibiOS/RT and Oryx Embedded CycloneTCP
Hi Giovanni,
many thanks for quick response and clear explanation about Cyclone TCP and it's possibility for ChibiOS integration (or should I say lack of possibility for ease integration).
I'll search for ChibiOS with LwIP then, because I have hope to speed a little process of coding because of many drivers integrated with ChibiOS.
Thanks once again.
Grzegorz
many thanks for quick response and clear explanation about Cyclone TCP and it's possibility for ChibiOS integration (or should I say lack of possibility for ease integration).
I'll search for ChibiOS with LwIP then, because I have hope to speed a little process of coding because of many drivers integrated with ChibiOS.
Thanks once again.
Grzegorz