I messed up with licenses

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the Freescale Kinetis family of micro-controllers.
Post Reply
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

I messed up with licenses

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

Sorry but the headers replacement tool replaced your copyright on drivers with my name....

Could you confirm that everything is OK now?

Giovanni
utzig
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:22 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: I messed up with licenses

Post by utzig »

Giovanni,

I believe the TEENSY3 demo had the main file with copyright attributed to Derek Mulcahy. Now it has your name. Also copyrights attributed to me in the HAL directories now list years 2013..2015, and Adam Porter which contributed some drivers in 2014 now has copyright from 2006..2015.

IMO, for HAL drivers, OS ports, and such, copyrights should only be updated when something is changed and I'm not even sure they should. Your autoupdate scripts should probably only run through OS source files because that's more like a "living" thing. I don't think drivers need that kind of constant updating when years pass by.

I'll see to get it fixed in the next days.

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: I messed up with licenses

Post by Giovanni »

Please fix them.

I will modify the tool to change only the headers containing my name.

Giovanni
Post Reply