New web site

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: New web site

Post by Giovanni »

devlware wrote:I agree with Fabio, maybe the site should move to something modern. Also where is the green lizard? One last thing, does the site needs that big banner in the top?


I could place the lizard again :) The banner is not strictly required but it helps paying for some expenses for sure.

Please define "modern" is there any specific layout you have in mind?

Giovanni
User avatar
barthess
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:55 pm
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: New web site

Post by barthess »

Vote for placing green lizard back.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: New web site

Post by Giovanni »

I didn't know that the old lizard had fans :) I put it back, same place where it was on the old web site.

Giovanni
devlware
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: New web site

Post by devlware »

Dear Giovanni,

I believe that something bootstrap like is modern. I think that the main reason for changing the web site is to make it more appealing for people starting with ChibiOS, create a mass of users and engage people in the development. :)

Regards, Diego
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: New web site

Post by Giovanni »

I saw some examples on the bootstrap site, are those all vertically scrolling pages? it is all pictures and little content kind of sites. I need to put a lot of text and articles.

http://expo.getbootstrap.com/

Giovanni
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: New web site

Post by Giovanni »

Another problem....

Apparently ChibiOS has been nuked out of Google. I submitted the URL yesterday but still nothing. Webmaster tools just report lots of 404 because the site changed.

Giovanni
Post Reply