Suggestions for improvements/changes are welcome! I know it's a lot of stuff, so please test and report (but of course utzig has the last word
Core to contrib move
-
flabbergast
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:22 pm
Core to contrib move
I've finally done moving my fork over to Contrib. PR
Suggestions for improvements/changes are welcome! I know it's a lot of stuff, so please test and report (but of course utzig has the last word
Suggestions for improvements/changes are welcome! I know it's a lot of stuff, so please test and report (but of course utzig has the last word
-
flabbergast
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:22 pm
Re: Core to contrib move
Thanks! Pretty cool! {I was starting to get antsy.} I hope it's mostly OK. I tested what I could and tried to code conscientously ...
@jstruebel - I did not add your FRDM-K20D50M/USB_SERIAL demo because the USB_SERIAL demos needed slight updating (at least Makefile, chconf.h) and I do not have a FRDM-K20D50M board to test (they're out of production). Could you please re-add?
BTW, I do not mind keeping an eye on the Kinetis port. I have all the other boards that are there now (except the K20D50M). I'll probably buy also a FRDM-KL27Z board.
The reason that I'd like the Kinetis port to be healthy is that ARM Teensies (and Kinetis chips in general) are sometimes being used in custom-made keyboards {AVRs are still more common, but ...}, and one of the open source firmwares that is often used is TMK which can use ChibiOS as a low-level layer. {It has not been used commercially though, and it's GPL'd. I hope this does not violate the license policies - please let me know if it does!}
@jstruebel - I did not add your FRDM-K20D50M/USB_SERIAL demo because the USB_SERIAL demos needed slight updating (at least Makefile, chconf.h) and I do not have a FRDM-K20D50M board to test (they're out of production). Could you please re-add?
BTW, I do not mind keeping an eye on the Kinetis port. I have all the other boards that are there now (except the K20D50M). I'll probably buy also a FRDM-KL27Z board.
The reason that I'd like the Kinetis port to be healthy is that ARM Teensies (and Kinetis chips in general) are sometimes being used in custom-made keyboards {AVRs are still more common, but ...}, and one of the open source firmwares that is often used is TMK which can use ChibiOS as a low-level layer. {It has not been used commercially though, and it's GPL'd. I hope this does not violate the license policies - please let me know if it does!}
Re: Core to contrib move
Added the FRDM-K20D50M USB_SERIAL project and tested. Github PR is here. Please let me know if anything should be changed. Also tested the FRDM-KL25Z USB_SERIAL and it works no problem.
I discovered as I was updating the makefile that Giovanni has added makefiles to include for the streams (chprintf) and shell files so I went ahead and used them in place of calling out the files explicitly. If you would like I can change the other USB_SERIAL projects, but I only have the FRDM-KL25Z board to test them in case I make a typo.
I discovered as I was updating the makefile that Giovanni has added makefiles to include for the streams (chprintf) and shell files so I went ahead and used them in place of calling out the files explicitly. If you would like I can change the other USB_SERIAL projects, but I only have the FRDM-KL25Z board to test them in case I make a typo.