[PATCH] AVR EXT Topic is solved

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the Atmel AVR family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: tfAteba

User avatar
igor
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:24 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: [PATCH] AVR EXT

Post by igor »

tfAteba wrote:I supposed that you made your test with atmega328p mcu only?


Yes, that is correct.

tfAteba wrote:If so, I will also made test with mega2560 to see if every things is fine.


thanks

tfAteba wrote:Also for test, did you use the same test program under testhal/AVR/EXT withoug any modifications? If y made your own test application could you also add it.


No, I used my application, which uses 4 input lines as interrupt sources.
I also used my board and makefile, still from the same application.

Now that you have proper board fiels for MiniPro, I'm planning to move to them, so I'll confirm that everything works fine.
Unfortunately ATM I do not have too much time available for this hobby.
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: [PATCH] AVR EXT

Post by tfAteba »

Ok, thanks for your answer.

I hope I will have the time this week to look after your patch.

So I will also add a small demo to test this hal feature.

Don't worry if you don't have the time now to make some tests. However, it will also be nice if you can test with the MiniPro board, bacause I don't have one :) .

Thank you.
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: [PATCH] AVR EXT

Post by tfAteba »

Hi Igor,

Please can you make a small example on how to use PCINTs, it will be very helpful for me. :D

You even work on it so I hope it will not take you so much to do it?

Thanks for your understanding.
Marco
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: [PATCH] AVR EXT

Post by Marco »

Hi,

I'd like to see support for PCINT interrupts in trunk. Is there still something missing which prevents this?

Marco
utzig
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:22 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: [PATCH] AVR EXT

Post by utzig »

I remember taking a quick look at the patches. The things that I didn't like were the changes to the license headers, which IMO should only be done by invitation, also there where so many changes that it would maybe be better to just send the files (not a patch)... but it looked OK to me and I don't remember seeing anything wrong.

Marco/Theo, if you reviewed it and didn't see anything wrong I would suggest applied it.

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig
Marco
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: [PATCH] AVR EXT

Post by Marco »

Hi Fabio,

I tried to apply the patch to trunk but it didn't work for me, I applied it manually. Let me try the driver on an ATMega162 and i'll report back soon.

Marco
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: [PATCH] AVR EXT

Post by tfAteba »

Hi All,

I'm sorry, I did have the time to look at the patch.

I will also try to have a look at it and also give a feedback.

If it looked good for me I will apply as suggest by Utzig.
Marco
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: [PATCH] AVR EXT

Post by Marco »

Hi,

I found some issues in the driver. I will try to create a new patch later today.

Marco
Marco
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: [PATCH] AVR EXT

Post by Marco »

Marco wrote:Hi,

I found some issues in the driver. I will try to create a new patch later today.

Marco


It will be tomorrow.
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: [PATCH] AVR EXT

Post by tfAteba »

Hi Marco,

Thanks you for your help.

Which issues did you found?

I will then wait to test with you patch.

Like you, I also had some difficulties to apply Igor's patch. But I did't spend so much time to resolve the problem.

Thanks
Post Reply