Default USB request handler incomplete Topic is solved

Report here problems in any of ChibiOS components. This forum is NOT for support.
Post Reply
e_l_tang
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:58 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Default USB request handler incomplete

Post by e_l_tang »

I found that Get Descriptor requests with interface recipients will not be handled correctly. Such a request will not cause the expected invocation of get_descriptor_cb.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Default USB request handler incomplete

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

The default handler can be extended by the application, are you sure that a GET_DESCRIPTOR at interface level should be handled there? it is an easy change anyway.

Giovanni
e_l_tang
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:58 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Default USB request handler incomplete

Post by e_l_tang »

All USB stacks I've encountered so far provide handling of this kind of request. Is there any reason why a Get Descriptor request would need to be handled outside of get_descriptor_cb?
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Default USB request handler incomplete

Post by Giovanni »

e_l_tang wrote:All USB stacks I've encountered so far provide handling of this kind of request. Is there any reason why a Get Descriptor request would need to be handled outside of get_descriptor_cb?


I am not sure, this is why I am asking.

Anyway, I will make the change.

Giovanni
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Default USB request handler incomplete

Post by Giovanni »

Fixed as bug #885.

Giovanni
e_l_tang
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:58 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Default USB request handler incomplete

Post by e_l_tang »

Thanks for the quick turnaround.
Post Reply