compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined Topic is solved

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the Atmel AVR family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: tfAteba

Post Reply
orion
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times

compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined

Post by orion »

Hi there,

Since last weekend, when trying to compile one of the AVR test or demo applications in the trunk branch, I get an error similar to the one below;

Code: Select all

Compiling chsys.c
In file included from ../../../../os/rt/include/ch.h:91:0,
                 from ../../../../os/rt/src/chsys.c:36:
../../../../os/rt/include/chchecks.h:212:2: error: #error "CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined in chconf.h"
 #error "CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined in chconf.h"

Aṕparently, this is caused by a change in os/rt/include/chchecks.h, which no longer defines CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK, but throws an error instead if CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK isn't defined.

Checking the chconf.h file in the AVR apps' chconf.h file I see the line

Code: Select all

#define CH_DBG_ENABLE_TRACE                 CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK_DISABLED

but no line defining CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK, whereas in some STM32 chconf.h file I see

Code: Select all

#define CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK                   CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK_DISABLE

Does this means the AVR files need to be updated? Is the update just the insertion of the line above?

Thanks.
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined

Post by tfAteba »

Hi there, first of all I want to apologize for my long silence,
Last week was so sad for me, I lost my father, so I was to the funeral.

But now I'm back, and I will look at you problem the week as soon as possible and give you a feed back.

Thank you for your Patience.
orion
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined

Post by orion »

Theo,

Sorry to hear about your father. Take your time. This problem is not a pressing one. Cheers,

Hermano
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

I recently introduced stronger checks in RT, that message is the result of that change, just take a chconf.h from a working demo, make sure to set the proper values in it by taking them from the old one.

Better an error message than unaligned files in demos.

Giovanni
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: compile error: CH_DBG_TRACE_MASK not defined

Post by tfAteba »

Hi all,

I have just update all configuration files to remove this compilation error.
Post Reply