[AVR][Demos]: Compilation error Topic is solved

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the Atmel AVR family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: tfAteba

Post Reply
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

[AVR][Demos]: Compilation error

Post by tfAteba »

Hello Giovanni,

I have just try to compile the AVR code since a while to see if every things is ok.

There is compilation error in all AVR/demo/ from ChibiOS_18.2.2 to ChibiOS_19.1.0 and I also think that it is the same problem in trunk, I did'nt test the trunk yet.

In halconf.h there is the defined macro:
#define PAL_USE_WAIT FALSE

That value cause problem. It must be TRUE in order to compile the code.

I will whange it in all halconf.h file after, but I want to know if normaly the code must also compile with the false value of this macros?

Here is the compilation traces:

Code: Select all

Compiler Options
avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega2560 -I. -gdwarf-2 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O2 -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-adhlns=build/lst/ -std=gnu11 -mrelax -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wundef -MMD -MP -I. -I../../../os/license -I../../../os/common/ports/AVR -I../../../os/common/ports/AVR/compilers/GCC -I../../../os/rt/include -I../../../os/common/oslib/include -I../../../os/hal/include -I../../../os/hal/osal/rt -I../../../os/hal/ports/AVR/MEGA/ATMEGAxx -I../../../os/hal/ports/AVR/MEGA/LLD/ADCv1 -I../../../os/hal/ports/AVR/MEGA/LLD/EXTv1 -I../../../os/hal/ports/AVR/MEGA/LLD/GPIOv1 -I../../../os/hal/ports/AVR/MEGA/LLD/I2Cv1 -I../../../os/hal/ports/AVR/MEGA/LLD/SPIv1 -I../../../os/hal/ports/AVR/MEGA/LLD/TIMv1 -I../../../os/hal/ports/AVR/MEGA/LLD/USARTv1 -I../../../os/hal/ports/AVR/MEGA/LLD/USBv1 -I../../../os/hal/boards/ARDUINO_MEGA -I../../../os/various main.c -o main.o

Compiling chsys.c
Compiling chdebug.c
Compiling chtrace.c
Compiling chvt.c
Compiling chschd.c
Compiling chthreads.c
Compiling chregistry.c
Compiling chsem.c
Compiling chmtx.c
Compiling chcond.c
Compiling chevents.c
Compiling chmsg.c
Compiling chmboxes.c
Compiling chmemcore.c
Compiling chheap.c
Compiling chmempools.c
Compiling chcore.c
Compiling osal.c
Compiling hal.c
In file included from ../../../os/hal/include/hal_pal.h:174:0,
                 from ../../../os/hal/include/hal.h:129,
                 from ../../../os/hal/src/hal.c:25:
../../../os/hal/ports/AVR/MEGA/LLD/GPIOv1/hal_pal_lld.h:412:8: error: unknown type name ‘palevent_t’
 extern palevent_t _pal_events[16];
        ^
../../../os/common/ports/AVR/compilers/GCC/rules.mk:174: recipe for target 'build/obj/hal.o' failed
make: *** [build/obj/hal.o] Error 1


May be the current implementation must be updated?

Thanks for you advices.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: [AVR][Demos]: Compilation error

Post by Giovanni »

Hi Theo,

I think some #if is needed in the LLD, probably it is missing this:

Code: Select all

#if !defined(__DOXYGEN__)
#if (PAL_USE_WAIT == TRUE) || (PAL_USE_CALLBACKS == TRUE)
extern palevent_t _pal_events[16];
#endif
#endif


When in doubt look at template files under /os/pal/templates

Giovanni
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: [AVR][Demos]: Compilation error

Post by tfAteba »

I will do that, thanks for your advices.
User avatar
tfAteba
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: [AVR][Demos]: Compilation error

Post by tfAteba »

Hello all,

Bug fixed,

Thanks Giovanni
Post Reply