vl53l0x.c ??

Discussions and support about ChibiOS/EX, the External Peripherals Abstraction Layer.
Post Reply
geoffrey.brown
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 9:47 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 18 times

vl53l0x.c ??

Post by geoffrey.brown »

There's a vl53l0x.h file in

ChibiOS/os/ex/devices/ST/vl53l0x.h

But I don't see the corresponding .c file. Did this never get created ?

Geoffrey
User avatar
RoccoMarco
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: vl53l0x.c ??

Post by RoccoMarco »

Hi,
me and Edoardo, we started porting vl53l0x in ChibiOS/EX some time ago. The task is particularly complex because there is no documentation about the internal registers of this device.

Edoardo has some working code but still unaligned with EX and untested. The porting is currently queued due to a lack of spare time. It will be resumed soon.
electronic_eel
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:07 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: vl53l0x.c ??

Post by electronic_eel »

I don't know if there is still interest in this.

I'm currently working with a VL53L0. The official api provided by ST, while you can get it to work... let's just say that their expertise lies in hardware and not software...

But there is a quite nice complete reimplementation for Arduino available from Pololu: https://github.com/pololu/vl53l0x-arduino
This has been ported to plain C without Arduino here: https://github.com/MarcelMG/VL53L0X-STM32F103

Adapting the latter to ChibiOS was quite easy. This is what I'm using now.
Post Reply