Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
Post Reply
girishji
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:17 pm

Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?

Post by girishji »

Just wondering if anyone is working on this. I am referring to new blackpill from WeAct studios available on aliexpress. Any pointers as to how to get started.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

Not in my plans currently, not sure if it is supported in the community repo.

Giovanni
HorrorTroll
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:37 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?

Post by HorrorTroll »

girishji wrote:Just wondering if anyone is working on this. I am referring to new blackpill from WeAct studios available on aliexpress. Any pointers as to how to get started.


I'm sorry for bump this old post, but has there any lately update about this one? As i know that the MCU is just using STM32F103 Peripheral Library with USB DFU supported

I've been try copy USBv1 and GPIOv1 from STM32 LLD to contrib, then i try to compile with QMK and it does boot up.
billr
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Re: Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?

Post by billr »

HorrorTroll, have you made any further progress with the Black Pill? Are you using the F401 or F411 version? I'm thinking of using the F411 version for a new project and I used ChibiOS years ago and would like to use it again.
HorrorTroll
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:37 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?

Post by HorrorTroll »

billr wrote:HorrorTroll, have you made any further progress with the Black Pill? Are you using the F401 or F411 version? I'm thinking of using the F411 version for a new project and I used ChibiOS years ago and would like to use it again.


For the Black Pill using AT32F403A? No, I'm not getting any further progress yet. The clock and manager code is really messed up, somehow many function like crystal-less not working. But yeah, F401 or F411 Black Pill should be a better way to use for now.
User avatar
russian
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:17 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?

Post by russian »

We've made some AT32F35 progress see https://github.com/dron0gus/ChibiOS
HorrorTroll
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:37 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?

Post by HorrorTroll »

Sorry for bump this old post. But I've been working with chinese guy to do porting AT32F415 series. It been already done for a while, if need you can take a look on here.

https://github.com/ChibiOS/ChibiOS-Cont ... ports/AT32

There will be more chip support on future, since I'm just got AT32F403A blackpill and AT32F405 devboard.
emmayashri
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:11 am

Re: Support for new AT32F4 blackpill?

Post by emmayashri »

Hey hi, this is very interesting discussion.
Post Reply