Problems with update from ChibiOS 2.0.2 to 2.2.2

ChibiOS public support forum for all topics not covered by a specific support forum.

Moderators: RoccoMarco, lbednarz, tfAteba

Post Reply
berkenb
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:44 am

Problems with update from ChibiOS 2.0.2 to 2.2.2

Post by berkenb »

Hi Giovanni,
I recently tried to upgrade my code (a quadcopter project, you have a link to it on your user page) to the latest version of ChibiOS. I wrote the original code to run with version 1.4.3 and later upgraded to 2.0.2 without too much trouble. However, I cannot get the code to do anything useful under 2.2.2. Everything compiles ok without any warnings, but I cannot even print a simple "Hello World" on the serial line in the main thread. I made my own board definition directory (I am using an ETT STM32 stamp module) by modifying one of the Olimex examples.

I noticed that I have to call halInit() and chSysInit() explicitly in my main routine now. Are there any other changes that I missed, or is there a changelog that would outline the most important changes?

Thanks,
Marko
berkenb
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:44 am

Re: Problems with update from ChibiOS 2.0.2 to 2.2.2

Post by berkenb »

Hi Giovanni,
Please ignore my question above. I still had a link to the wrong board.mk in my modified board directory.
I could have guessed that I was overlooking something simple... Sorry about that...
Marko
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Problems with update from ChibiOS 2.0.2 to 2.2.2

Post by Giovanni »

Hi Marko,

No problems, it happened to me a lot too, I should write some kind of checklist for upgrades from a version to another. Something like:
- Verify the build files, is the makefile taken from the latest version?
- Verify the configuration files, are my configuration files from the latest version?
- Verify the changes list, is some system interface changed?
- Verify the external dependencies, did I unpack under ./ext the latest external libraries?

Giovanni
Post Reply