I know that problem from another guy using F4 discovery. I will put some work into splitting the dataport. My current implementation of the SSD1289 is using one full port.
Sadly I will be busy the next two days because of final exams.
I'll keep you up to date. (Feel free to do something yourself).
~ Tectu
GLCD and Touchpad Library
Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library
@pito,
Yeah, I've faced the same issue before and today I have a QVGA LCD running on top of the STM32F4Discovery board for over a week now...
You can see my project in the user projects section: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=468 and I've got some working code for a separate S6D1121 controller (and a fork to this lib) (GitHub repo: https://github.com/abhishek-kakkar/STM3 ... /CLCD_QVGA) using bitbang on two GPIO ports. See the post for more details on the pin assignments.
You could use it as a starting point, and modify the command set for the SSD1289.
If you have any problems, you can contact me.
Abhishek
Yeah, I've faced the same issue before and today I have a QVGA LCD running on top of the STM32F4Discovery board for over a week now...
You can see my project in the user projects section: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=468 and I've got some working code for a separate S6D1121 controller (and a fork to this lib) (GitHub repo: https://github.com/abhishek-kakkar/STM3 ... /CLCD_QVGA) using bitbang on two GPIO ports. See the post for more details on the pin assignments.
You could use it as a starting point, and modify the command set for the SSD1289.
If you have any problems, you can contact me.
Abhishek
Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library
To keep you guys up to date:
Badger just implemented FSMC support for SSD1289 controller (STM32F1 only, afaik).
Thanks to Badger for his work!
~ Tectu
Badger just implemented FSMC support for SSD1289 controller (STM32F1 only, afaik).
Thanks to Badger for his work!
~ Tectu
Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library
I just merged a pull request of Badger. He implementet a BaseSequentialStream interface for the LCD. (Write only at the moment)
This gives us the ability to output any BaseSequentialStream on the LCD
Thanks Badger for your great work!
~ Tectu
This gives us the ability to output any BaseSequentialStream on the LCD
Thanks Badger for your great work!
~ Tectu
Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library
I propose we make a change to the glcdconf.h inclusion. It should only be included from one place; glcd.h, and any files needing the defines in glcdconf.h should therefore include glcd.h. In glcd.h, we run some macros to check that the settings aren't already in the board file:
This means that the GLCD settings can be put in the board file, or if they don't exist they will be included from glcdconf.h as before. I've made this change in my local branch so will test it there.
Code: Select all
#if !defined(LCD_USE_FSMC) | !defined(LCD_USE_GPIO) | !defined(LCD_USE_SPI)
#include "glcdconf.h"
#endifThis means that the GLCD settings can be put in the board file, or if they don't exist they will be included from glcdconf.h as before. I've made this change in my local branch so will test it there.
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library
Cool, try to pipe the output of the test suite on the LCD and post a screenshot 
Giovanni
Giovanni
Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library
I agree with you, Badger. I won't change anything now and wait for your pull request.
Keep going the good work. I wait for your video, must be sooo awesome
~ Tectu
Keep going the good work. I wait for your video, must be sooo awesome
~ Tectu
Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library
I don't know where to post this, so here we go:
I will be away from tomorrow until 7th of July. I'll visit the netherlands, for vacation and buisiness reasons and I don't have usable internet at the place I'll stay. I'll try to find some hotspots when I have some spare time, but the time plan is thight
I don't expect 20 pull request in that time, so I guess you're survive with the current master
I'd be happy to see some progress when I am back. I know that all the current developers do a great job!
~ Tectu
I will be away from tomorrow until 7th of July. I'll visit the netherlands, for vacation and buisiness reasons and I don't have usable internet at the place I'll stay. I'll try to find some hotspots when I have some spare time, but the time plan is thight
I don't expect 20 pull request in that time, so I guess you're survive with the current master
I'd be happy to see some progress when I am back. I know that all the current developers do a great job!
~ Tectu
-
miguelmoreto
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:21 pm
Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library
Hello,
first of all, thank you for developing this library!
I am working on the FSMC configuration for using this LCD with a STM32F4 discovery board. I already tested my setup using other library (without real time OS), as you can see here:
https://sites.google.com/site/miguelmoreto/home-eng/projects/stm32f4-adapter-board
I also tested this setup with ChibiOS stm32f4 demo, it worked as expected.
After this tests I started to configure the FSMC, I wrote the configuration code but couldn't compile it. The first compilation error was about a non defined type chnflags_t returned by getflags funcion in console.c. I changed that by ioflags_t that are used by other getflags function in ChibiOS (like in serial.c). I searched all ChibiOS source code and could not find where chnflags_t is defined. Well, after that this compilation code is gone.
Now, the second compilation problem which I couldn't solve: I am getting this error incompatible types when assigning to type 'volatile union <anonymous>' from type 'int' in every SET_CS(1); and SET_CS(0); occurence in xpt2046_lld.c. Just for testing purposes, I defined TP_PORT, TP_CS and TP_IRQ in touchpad.h file.
Do you have any ideas of what is this error about?
I'm using Yagarto and Yagarto tools in windows with eclipse indigo.
Sorry about any english error.
best regard,
Miguel Moreto
first of all, thank you for developing this library!
I am working on the FSMC configuration for using this LCD with a STM32F4 discovery board. I already tested my setup using other library (without real time OS), as you can see here:
https://sites.google.com/site/miguelmoreto/home-eng/projects/stm32f4-adapter-board
I also tested this setup with ChibiOS stm32f4 demo, it worked as expected.
After this tests I started to configure the FSMC, I wrote the configuration code but couldn't compile it. The first compilation error was about a non defined type chnflags_t returned by getflags funcion in console.c. I changed that by ioflags_t that are used by other getflags function in ChibiOS (like in serial.c). I searched all ChibiOS source code and could not find where chnflags_t is defined. Well, after that this compilation code is gone.
Now, the second compilation problem which I couldn't solve: I am getting this error incompatible types when assigning to type 'volatile union <anonymous>' from type 'int' in every SET_CS(1); and SET_CS(0); occurence in xpt2046_lld.c. Just for testing purposes, I defined TP_PORT, TP_CS and TP_IRQ in touchpad.h file.
Do you have any ideas of what is this error about?
I'm using Yagarto and Yagarto tools in windows with eclipse indigo.
Sorry about any english error.
best regard,
Miguel Moreto