GLCD and Touchpad Library

Locked
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library

Post by Tectu »

Congratulations from me too.


~ Tectu
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library

Post by Tectu »

Okay, the library is now split into folders:

    - drivers
    - demos
    - glcd
    - touchpad
    - graph
    - gui

I guess the folder names are pretty self explanatory. I hope this helps a bit to keep everything clean?


~ Tectu
User avatar
Badger
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library

Post by Badger »

I'm trying to get FSMC working on my F4 discovery with S6D1121. the attached file shows the result of writing 0x000A (1010 on lower 4 bits) to the FSMC ports. For some reason all pins are initially high then transition to their intended state. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but it seems strange.. In this image I am driving the RD/CS/WR/RS pins using GPIO. I get the same problem when the FSMC hardware controls those pins.

edit: now that I think about it, the FSMC peripheral probably sets all pins to high before setting any to low. If I use the FSMC RD/CS/.. signals they all transition as the data pins go to the correct state.
Attachments
fsmc.png
fsmc.png (2.6 KiB) Viewed 5903 times
User avatar
Badger
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library

Post by Badger »

I got it working! at least I can read 0x1121 from register 0x000.

the connections were a bit loose. apparently this isn't an ideal way to wire it up:
Image
miguelmoreto
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library

Post by miguelmoreto »

Great Badger! Congratulations!

can you share the code? best regards!

Miguel
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library

Post by Tectu »

miguelmoreto wrote:regards!

Badger will edit the s6d1121 driver in ext/lcd/drivers/lcd for sure, when it works. You can then use #define LCD_USE_S6D1121 and #define LCD_USE_FSMC in glcdconf.h


~ Tectu
User avatar
Badger
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library

Post by Badger »

All I've done so far is to read a register over FSMC. Probably the rest of the driver should work, but I haven't tested that far! The main reason it took me a while to get going was that I didn't notice that RESET had to be high. That and the connections were dodgy..

As tectu said, once it is working the code will go on github; hopefully this weekend.
User avatar
Badger
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library

Post by Badger »

I've made improvements to the SSD1289 and S6D1121 drivers. both now support inverted in both portrait and landscape. S6D1121 has FSMC support on F4 (I will add to SSD1289 as well).

Abhishek can you try the latest code and see if it works for you?
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library

Post by Tectu »

Just for some update here:
Badger did fix some issues with the console stuff. It is very usable now. Here a very ugly picture:

http://h11.abload.de/img/consolemkjz9.jpg


~ Tectu
Abhishek
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: GLCD and Touchpad Library

Post by Abhishek »

Cool! Looking forward to trying it out after a week or two maybe.

Abhishek
Locked