Today starts selling of new "Toy" with Cortex-M4F on board for incredible retail price €5,60 (here in Germany). This board is very similar to STM32F4-Discovery board, e.g. there is JTAG-like part already and on user side are 2 buttons (Reset + User), 3-color LED and USB-OTG. There is 32kB RAM and 256kB FLASH, core at 80MHz.
http://www.ti.com/ww/en/launchpad_site/ ... -launchpad
http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/spmu289/spmu289.pdf
Because of price it will very interesting to get there ChibiOS, but it looks like that peripheral block is different from STM32. Or am I wrong?
-Tommino
TI LM4F120 Stellaris LaunchPad (EK-LM4F120XL)
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: TI LM4F120 Stellaris LaunchPad (EK-LM4F120XL)
Hi,
Cool board, you are correct, it would need a specific development for TI micros, just the RTOS Kernel is usable as-is.
Giovanni
Cool board, you are correct, it would need a specific development for TI micros, just the RTOS Kernel is usable as-is.
Giovanni
Re: TI LM4F120 Stellaris LaunchPad (EK-LM4F120XL)
You can buy from TI! price includes international shipping.
Re: TI LM4F120 Stellaris LaunchPad (EK-LM4F120XL)
I just got my Stellaris board in today and I'm really excited. Is there any sort of priority for supporting ChibiOS on this platform?
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: TI LM4F120 Stellaris LaunchPad (EK-LM4F120XL)
The kernel and the startup files are usable already, the HAL will have to wait but you could replace it with TI's own libraries.
That platform has always been low in my priorities because their headers contained an anti open source clause, I have to check if this is still the case.
Giovanni
That platform has always been low in my priorities because their headers contained an anti open source clause, I have to check if this is still the case.
Giovanni