STM32F4 SD-based Bootloader

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
Post Reply
talsit
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:09 am

STM32F4 SD-based Bootloader

Post by talsit »

Originally from:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=417&start=10

That bootloader is for the STM32F1, which has very different memory layout to the STM32F4, and the flash interface registers too, I decided to just basically start from scratch, leaving basically the error defines and a little bit more.

https://github.com/talsit/kuroBox_bootloader

It's customised to my board, which uses SDIO for the SD interface. I also have 2 buttons and 3 LED's. I require that the buttons be held down for 2 before proceeding, and you get some status feedback on the LED's. Those things should be quite easy to customise to your needs.

Since the STM32F4 has an "interesting" memory layout (4x 16kb, 1x64kb, 7x128kb sectors), I've decided to start the user app at sector #5, which is 0x0802000, so 128KB in, which is the start of the 128kb-sized sectors.

For the target (flashed app, not bootloader) to work, you need to what is very well summarised here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=417&start=10#p4208

Enjoy and feedback, as always, is most welcome!
Post Reply