Page 1 of 2

The new STM32F429Discovery

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:00 pm
by pito

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:23 pm
by efuentes
The website seems to be down for me... I found this after doing a bit of googling though:
http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/jp/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00093903.pdf

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:16 am
by Giovanni
Good, thanks for finding, I'll start with board files.

I just don't understand the usefulness of a gyroscope alone on that board.

Giovanni

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:15 pm
by RoccoMarco
Nice item, In a hypothetical battle for the surviving I could select this and an armor with defence from fire damage :mrgreen:. I hope to fiddling with the board very soon.

I just don't understand the usefulness of a gyroscope alone on that board.


seems that f4 series they don't like the AHRS

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:59 pm
by pito
I just don't understand the usefulness of a gyroscope alone on that board.

A marketing guy did set a cost cap, I bet.. :D

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:09 pm
by Tectu
Since they use their own sensors and stuff, I don't think that money was a real issue there. Compare the prices from the gyro only to the gyro + accel prices at some retail distributors...


~ Tectu

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:28 am
by benwilliam
I just got an email from ST

they offer a free workshop for the new 429IDiscovery :)
http://www.st.com/web/en/learning/semin ... _STM32F429

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:11 am
by Giovanni
Of course not a single one anywhere near me :)

Giovanni

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:45 pm
by kenyee
Giovanni wrote:Of course not a single one anywhere near me :)


Nothing in the US yet either :(

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:16 am
by tinito
I've just registered for the Italian seminary (7 november), which luckily is near me ;-)