The new STM32F429Discovery

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: RoccoMarco

pito
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:54 pm

The new STM32F429Discovery

Post by pito »

efuentes
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:16 am

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Post by efuentes »

The website seems to be down for me... I found this after doing a bit of googling though:
http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/jp/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00093903.pdf
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Post by Giovanni »

Good, thanks for finding, I'll start with board files.

I just don't understand the usefulness of a gyroscope alone on that board.

Giovanni
User avatar
RoccoMarco
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Post by RoccoMarco »

Nice item, In a hypothetical battle for the surviving I could select this and an armor with defence from fire damage :mrgreen:. I hope to fiddling with the board very soon.

I just don't understand the usefulness of a gyroscope alone on that board.


seems that f4 series they don't like the AHRS
pito
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Post by pito »

I just don't understand the usefulness of a gyroscope alone on that board.

A marketing guy did set a cost cap, I bet.. :D
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Post by Tectu »

Since they use their own sensors and stuff, I don't think that money was a real issue there. Compare the prices from the gyro only to the gyro + accel prices at some retail distributors...


~ Tectu
benwilliam
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Post by benwilliam »

I just got an email from ST

they offer a free workshop for the new 429IDiscovery :)
http://www.st.com/web/en/learning/semin ... _STM32F429
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Post by Giovanni »

Of course not a single one anywhere near me :)

Giovanni
kenyee
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Post by kenyee »

Giovanni wrote:Of course not a single one anywhere near me :)


Nothing in the US yet either :(
tinito
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:32 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: The new STM32F429Discovery

Post by tinito »

I've just registered for the Italian seminary (7 november), which luckily is near me ;-)
Post Reply