Please add TIMx 3 and 4 support into ICU driver...
Moderator: RoccoMarco
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Please add TIMx 3 and 4 support into ICU driver...
TIM3 and TIM4 are supported already.
About publicity, device drivers are released as *examples* and are not part of the commercial offering. Supporting every single bit in a specific device is not our core mission.
Giovanni
About publicity, device drivers are released as *examples* and are not part of the commercial offering. Supporting every single bit in a specific device is not our core mission.
Giovanni
Re: Please add TIMx 3 and 4 support into ICU driver...
I'm sorry my original message was confusing - I am referring to ICUConfig.channel: 'Timer input channel to be used. Only inputs TIMx 1 and 2 are supported.'
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Please add TIMx 3 and 4 support into ICU driver...
It has already been discussed in the past, consensus was that channels 3 and 4 cannot be used for PWM capture.
Giovanni
Giovanni
Re: Please add TIMx 3 and 4 support into ICU driver...
Hi,
I'm new to chibios.I have some doubt about ICU driver.I'm using timer 5 for ICU.Is it possible to get width of input applied to channel 1 and channel 2 simultaneously using the pins PA0 and PA1?
I'm new to chibios.I have some doubt about ICU driver.I'm using timer 5 for ICU.Is it possible to get width of input applied to channel 1 and channel 2 simultaneously using the pins PA0 and PA1?
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: Please add TIMx 3 and 4 support into ICU driver...
Hi,
It is not possible, PWM input requires a whole timer on the STM32. You could use channel 1 and channel 2 of the same timer but not simultaneously.
Giovanni
It is not possible, PWM input requires a whole timer on the STM32. You could use channel 1 and channel 2 of the same timer but not simultaneously.
Giovanni
Re: Please add TIMx 3 and 4 support into ICU driver...
Ok..Thanks for the reply.Can you tell me why channel 3 and 4 is not implemented in ICU driver?If this is already discussed in forum ,please refer me the link.
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times