Porting to STM32L151

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: RoccoMarco

Post Reply
JohnL
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 am

Porting to STM32L151

Post by JohnL »

Hey,
Right now I've just received the blueNRG eval board, and i'm working on changing the demo code they've provided over to chibios underpinnings. I think I'm going to leave the BT stack alone and just make change the low level interface and timing from chibios functions.

I was wondering how to port from one mcu to another? (what is the process

Everything appears to be the same between them except for memory mapping. Do I just change the ld file to set memory limits?

Thank you

John
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Porting to STM32L151

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

The OS has been already ported to the STM32L1xx, you just need to create the board files for your board, see under ./boards, I suggest to start from the files of another L1xx board.

.ld files for the L151 are already provided, if you need to change the memory limits then copy the default file under your project and then modify it.

Giovanni
JohnL
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 am

Re: Porting to STM32L151

Post by JohnL »

Ive tried to change the board files, but am errors like this:

Code: Select all

   │0x8000142                      ; <UNDEFINED> instruction: 0xf3afbf00                                                                                                                                   │
   │0x8000146       vaddl.u32      q4, d15, d0                                                                                                                                                             │
   │0x800014a       vaddl.u32      q4, d15, d0                                                                                                                                                             │
   │0x800014e       ldrb   r8,



any ideas?
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: Porting to STM32L151

Post by Giovanni »

No, insufficient information, errors from what? you need to provide context to your questions.

Giovanni
JohnL
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 am

Re: Porting to STM32L151

Post by JohnL »

Sorry Giovanni,
I'm kind of new to this.

I'm trying to execute the STM32L152RET6 nucleo demo on the STM32L151RBT6 using gcc, but nothing is executing and the led blinking thread never starts. I realize what I just throughout was an error was just undefined command because it will be inserted at run time. I'm kind of new to embedded, and the low level stuff is still a mystery. I'll try todo some more digging. I think its in clock setup now.
JohnL
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 am

Re: Porting to STM32L151

Post by JohnL »

Something I fatefully did not notice was that there is no onboard 32768 clock on the BlueNRG development kit. Real time clock could not start, buggering up everything.

Thanks
Post Reply