Page 1 of 1

Porting to STM32L151

Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:19 pm
by JohnL
Hey,
Right now I've just received the blueNRG eval board, and i'm working on changing the demo code they've provided over to chibios underpinnings. I think I'm going to leave the BT stack alone and just make change the low level interface and timing from chibios functions.

I was wondering how to port from one mcu to another? (what is the process

Everything appears to be the same between them except for memory mapping. Do I just change the ld file to set memory limits?

Thank you

John

Re: Porting to STM32L151

Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:24 pm
by Giovanni
Hi,

The OS has been already ported to the STM32L1xx, you just need to create the board files for your board, see under ./boards, I suggest to start from the files of another L1xx board.

.ld files for the L151 are already provided, if you need to change the memory limits then copy the default file under your project and then modify it.

Giovanni

Re: Porting to STM32L151

Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:43 pm
by JohnL
Ive tried to change the board files, but am errors like this:

Code: Select all

   │0x8000142                      ; <UNDEFINED> instruction: 0xf3afbf00                                                                                                                                   │
   │0x8000146       vaddl.u32      q4, d15, d0                                                                                                                                                             │
   │0x800014a       vaddl.u32      q4, d15, d0                                                                                                                                                             │
   │0x800014e       ldrb   r8,



any ideas?

Re: Porting to STM32L151

Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:53 pm
by Giovanni
No, insufficient information, errors from what? you need to provide context to your questions.

Giovanni

Re: Porting to STM32L151

Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:28 pm
by JohnL
Sorry Giovanni,
I'm kind of new to this.

I'm trying to execute the STM32L152RET6 nucleo demo on the STM32L151RBT6 using gcc, but nothing is executing and the led blinking thread never starts. I realize what I just throughout was an error was just undefined command because it will be inserted at run time. I'm kind of new to embedded, and the low level stuff is still a mystery. I'll try todo some more digging. I think its in clock setup now.

Re: Porting to STM32L151

Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:26 am
by JohnL
Something I fatefully did not notice was that there is no onboard 32768 clock on the BlueNRG development kit. Real time clock could not start, buggering up everything.

Thanks