3.0.0 optimize speed bug?

Discussions and support about ChibiOS/RT, the free embedded RTOS.
Post Reply
User avatar
Korken
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:09 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times

3.0.0 optimize speed bug?

Post by Korken »

Hi,

I am hunting bugs in my system so I was going to follow the debugging guide in which is states that "#define CH_CFG_OPTIMIZE_SPEED" shall be false.
But when I do this I get these warnings (and more), and a lot of them:
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chthreads.c: In function 'chThdExitS':
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chthreads.c:385:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'list_remove' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
chSchReadyI(list_remove(&tp->p_waiting));
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chthreads.c: In function 'chThdDequeueAllI':
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chthreads.c:635:20: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
thread_t *tp = queue_fifo_remove(tqp);
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chmsg.c: In function 'chMsgWait':
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chmsg.c:125:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'queue_fifo_remove' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
tp = queue_fifo_remove(&currp->p_msgqueue);

Is this a possible bug or am I setting something incorrectly?

Best Regards
Emil Fresk
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: 3.0.0 optimize speed bug?

Post by Giovanni »

It is possible it is a bug, 3.0 is no yet tested exhaustively through all the configuration switches.

Giovanni
User avatar
Korken
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:09 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: 3.0.0 optimize speed bug?

Post by Korken »

Okey, then I will set it to TRUE for now.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: 3.0.0 optimize speed bug?

Post by Giovanni »

It should be OK now.

Giovanni
Post Reply