Page 1 of 1

3.0.0 optimize speed bug?

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:44 am
by Korken
Hi,

I am hunting bugs in my system so I was going to follow the debugging guide in which is states that "#define CH_CFG_OPTIMIZE_SPEED" shall be false.
But when I do this I get these warnings (and more), and a lot of them:
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chthreads.c: In function 'chThdExitS':
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chthreads.c:385:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'list_remove' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
chSchReadyI(list_remove(&tp->p_waiting));
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chthreads.c: In function 'chThdDequeueAllI':
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chthreads.c:635:20: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
thread_t *tp = queue_fifo_remove(tqp);
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chmsg.c: In function 'chMsgWait':
../ChibiOS-RT/os/rt/src/chmsg.c:125:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'queue_fifo_remove' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
tp = queue_fifo_remove(&currp->p_msgqueue);

Is this a possible bug or am I setting something incorrectly?

Best Regards
Emil Fresk

Re: 3.0.0 optimize speed bug?

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:08 am
by Giovanni
It is possible it is a bug, 3.0 is no yet tested exhaustively through all the configuration switches.

Giovanni

Re: 3.0.0 optimize speed bug?

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:00 am
by Korken
Okey, then I will set it to TRUE for now.

Re: 3.0.0 optimize speed bug?

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:37 pm
by Giovanni
It should be OK now.

Giovanni