Page 1 of 5

stm32f7 support status? :)

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:09 pm
by russian
These promise twice the performance of F4... Availabilty: Series production in Q2/2015.

http://www.st.com/web/en/press/p3606s
http://www.st.com/stm32f7

The new STM32 F7 microcontroller (MCU) series leverages the ARM Cortex-M7 core, just announced as ARM’s newest and most powerful Cortex-M processor. ST’s STM32 F7 series leapfrogs the industry’s previous high-performance 32-bit Cortex-M champ — ST’s own STM32 F4 — in delivering up to twice as much processing and DSP performance that is accessible via a seamless upgrade path.

Re: stm32f7 support status? :)

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:12 pm
by Giovanni
I'll have bribe somebody in order to get some early boards :)

Anyway it is very similar to the F4, I suspect it will work without much changes.

Giovanni

Re: stm32f7 support status? :)

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:54 am
by Rick Burnett
Any news on this front? I just sent a message to my supplier to try and get some STM32F7 chips in the same footprint I am using the STM32F427 right now. I mean, if I have to be first, so be it :) I'm getting ready to order a rev 3 of my boards (OSHPark) so I will probably do a build-up of 2 of them, one with the older processor and one with the newer.

Re: stm32f7 support status? :)

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:39 am
by Giovanni
There is not even the Reference Manual available yet nor headers. I think it is still some months away.

Giovanni

Re: stm32f7 support status? :)

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:02 pm
by rew
STM only releases docs for chips once the chips are officially released. And I've found it is possible to have hardware before the chips are officially released.... (And this without special arrangements from ST: "you get to review this chip before it is released", just a regular order from Mouser).

P.S. This is "deduced" from the experience I have. When I asked about a chip I had, I got the response that I wasn't supposed to have that chip yet as it was still to be announced, but.. "here are the docs". Not some official ST policy statement.

Re: stm32f7 support status? :)

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:59 pm
by russian

Re: stm32f7 support status? :)

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:05 pm
by Giovanni
Hi,

I should receive an early board next week but I also need headers and OpenOCD support before a real release.

Giovanni

Re: stm32f7 support status? :)

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:22 pm
by russian
Do you think there will be stm32f7 support in 2.6 branch or only 3.0 branch?

Re: stm32f7 support status? :)

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:31 pm
by Giovanni
Only 3.0.

Giovanni

Re: stm32f7 support status? :)

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:03 pm
by rew
Giovanni wrote:I'll have bribe somebody in order to get some early boards :)
Sometimes just ordering a board at Mouser is enough. I had a '334 board on my desk before the chip had been announced.