Hello!
I'm very curious how are the kernel size reports (available here - http://chibios.sourceforge.net/reports/kernel.txt ) generated? I looked in the source tree for any script that generates that info, but I failed to find anything related. Maybe the number is just the size of .text + .data for compiled project similar to demos/ARMCM3-GENERIC-KERNEL (as reported by - for example - arm-none-eabi-size)? Or maybe it's the sum of sizes of ChibiOS/RT functions, obtained from memory dump or memory map file?
Thx in advance for any information!
How are kernel size reports generated?
-
Freddie Chopin
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 am
- Giovanni
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14891
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
- Has thanked: 1202 times
- Been thanked: 996 times
Re: How are kernel size reports generated?
Hi,
It is the size of the binary file, see the attachment.
Giovanni
It is the size of the binary file, see the attachment.
Giovanni
-
Freddie Chopin
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 am
Re: How are kernel size reports generated?
Great - thanks! Now this idea seems obvious (;
Regards,
FCh
Regards,
FCh