Page 1 of 2

Plans on merging the latest FatFS updates?

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:07 pm
by Korken
Hi Giovanni!

Are there plans for merging the latest FatFS updates?
There are some very nice features added since 0.10b, such as exFAT support (which I am after :) ) and bug fixes.

Best Regards
Emil

Re: Plans on merging the latest FatFS updates?

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:07 pm
by Giovanni
Hi Emil,

Sure but I am a bit busy of late. Maybe you could try it and provide feedback for integration.

Giovanni

Re: Plans on merging the latest FatFS updates?

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:49 pm
by Korken
I will have a look!
I am currently getting my first STM32F746 board up and running, so it might take a few days until I get to the SDIO part. :)

Side note:
The HW bug that makes you go into ISRs when single stepping (in the Cortex-M7) is super annoying.

Re: Plans on merging the latest FatFS updates?

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:32 pm
by Korken
Here are the updates for 0.12a. :)
Please have a look and see if something is amiss.

I have tested it on a custom STM32F746 board with 4-bit SDIO.
Sadly I do not have the boards that are used in the demos, so I just updated them with the new ffconf.h and fixed the main.c for the new features (corrected calculations and updated file-tree printing function).

What have been tested/done:
* Correct card size/free space
* Read
* Write
* FAT32
* exFAT
* Updated demos (ffconf.h / main.c), but only compilation test - no run test.

Re: Plans on merging the latest FatFS updates?

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:01 am
by Giovanni
Hi,

Thanks, what are the main differences between the old and new versions? from the integration point of view.

Giovanni

Re: Plans on merging the latest FatFS updates?

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:01 am
by Korken
Hi Giovanni,

The main changes are:
* Due to the exFAT support the calculation of memorycard size needed to be updated.
* The FILINFO structure has been updated on how it handles long filenames (hence the new file-tree printing function).
* Some flags have been removed/replaced (WORDACCES, USE_ERASE, ...).
* The number which selects locale had changed.

Re: Plans on merging the latest FatFS updates?

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:12 pm
by Korken
Hi, any updates on this? :)

Re: Plans on merging the latest FatFS updates?

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:06 pm
by Giovanni
Hi,

After my vacations :)

Giovanni

Re: Plans on merging the latest FatFS updates?

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:11 pm
by Korken
Ah! Enjoy your vacations!
I just came back from mine, wished I had more. :)

Re: Plans on merging the latest FatFS updates?

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:23 pm
by Giovanni
Moving in "bug reports" before merging this.

Giovanni