STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

Post by Giovanni »

I am implementing changes to the STM32 support in order to address differences among sub-families, the STM32 code will be "unstable" on the repository for a while.

Giovanni
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

Post by Tectu »

Thank you very much for the information!

Keep going your good work, sir :)


~ Tectu
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

Post by Giovanni »

Changes are done, repo should be "stable" again, please let me know in if there are problems.

Giovanni
mabl
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:19 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

Post by mabl »

I get an error compiling the STM32F107 demo:

Code: Select all

mabl@mikrocanonix [05:32:53] [/tmp/ChibiOS/demos/ARMCM3-STM32F107] [master]
-> % make
Compiler Options
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m3 -O2 -ggdb -fomit-frame-pointer -falign-functions=16 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-common -Wall -Wextra -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-alms=build/lst/ -DTHUMB_PRESENT -mno-thumb-interwork -DTHUMB_NO_INTERWORKING -MD -MP -MF .dep/build.d -I. -I../../os/ports/common/ARMCMx/CMSIS/include -I../../os/ports/common/ARMCMx -I../../os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx -I../../os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx/STM32F1xx -I../../os/kernel/include -I../../test -I../../os/hal/include -I../../os/hal/platforms/STM32F1xx -I../../os/hal/platforms/STM32 -I../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/GPIOv1 -I../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/I2Cv1 -I../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/RTCv1 -I../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/USARTv1 -I../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/USBv1 -I../../boards/OLIMEX_STM32_P107 -I../../os/various main.c -o main.o

mkdir -p build/obj
mkdir -p build/lst
Compiling ../../os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx/crt0.c
Compiling ../../os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx/STM32F1xx/vectors.c
Compiling ../../os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx/chcore.c
Compiling ../../os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx/chcore_v7m.c
Compiling ../../os/ports/common/ARMCMx/nvic.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chsys.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chdebug.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chlists.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chvt.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chschd.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chthreads.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chdynamic.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chregistry.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chsem.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chmtx.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chcond.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chevents.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chmsg.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chmboxes.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chqueues.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chmemcore.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chheap.c
Compiling ../../os/kernel/src/chmempools.c
Compiling ../../test/test.c
Compiling ../../test/testthd.c
Compiling ../../test/testsem.c
Compiling ../../test/testmtx.c
Compiling ../../test/testmsg.c
Compiling ../../test/testmbox.c
Compiling ../../test/testevt.c
Compiling ../../test/testheap.c
Compiling ../../test/testpools.c
Compiling ../../test/testdyn.c
Compiling ../../test/testqueues.c
Compiling ../../test/testbmk.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/hal.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/adc.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/can.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/ext.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/gpt.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/i2c.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/icu.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/mac.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/mmc_spi.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/mmcsd.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/pal.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/pwm.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/rtc.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/sdc.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/serial.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/serial_usb.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/spi.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/tm.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/uart.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/src/usb.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32F1xx/stm32_dma.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32F1xx/hal_lld.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32F1xx/adc_lld.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32F1xx/ext_lld_isr.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/can_lld.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/ext_lld.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/gpt_lld.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/icu_lld.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/mac_lld.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/pwm_lld.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/serial_lld.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/sdc_lld.c
Compiling ../../os/hal/platforms/STM32/spi_lld.c
make: *** No rule to make target `build/obj/.c pal_lld.c', needed by `build/obj/ build/obj/pal_lld.o'.  Stop.

User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

Post by Giovanni »

I found a problem in platform.mk, please update and try again.

Giovanni
mabl
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:19 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

Post by mabl »

Great, it works now! :-) Fast as always, Giovanni.
indigos
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:46 am

Re: STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

Post by indigos »

chnPut and chnGet are disappeared from io_channel with commit 35acf78f-673a-0410-8e92-d51de3d6d3f4, is normal?
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

Yes, moved into the parent interface with names chSequentialStreamPut() and chSequentialStreamGet().

Giovanni
User avatar
Tectu
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Re: STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

Post by Tectu »

Just got the trunk from the svn repo. Get this erros:

Code: Select all

make: *** No rule to make target `/home/tectu/projects/resources/chibios/os/hal/platforms/STM32/i2c_lld.c', needed by `build/obj/i2c_lld.o'.  Stop.



~ Tectu
User avatar
Badger
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: STM32 code unstable on repository for a while

Post by Badger »

make clean and that will probably go away
Post Reply