The RAM of the STM32G4 is heavily occupied

Discussions and support about ChibiOS/RT, the free embedded RTOS.
Post Reply
方悠然
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:43 am
Has thanked: 2 times

The RAM of the STM32G4 is heavily occupied

Post by 方悠然 »

When I compiled the /RT-STM32G474RE-NUCLEO64 template, the compilation result showed that the running memory(RAM) occupied 128K, what should I do to reduce the running memory consumption? Because the STM32G474RE only has 128K of running memory (I'm a newbie, excuse me)
The result of the compilation:
text data bss dec hex filename
7588 0 131072 138660 21da4 build/ch.elf
Creating build/ch.list


RAM(/K) = (bss+data)/1024 = 131072/1024 = 128K
User avatar
Giovanni
Site Admin
Posts: 14891
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am
Has thanked: 1202 times
Been thanked: 996 times

Re: The RAM of the STM32G4 is heavily occupied

Post by Giovanni »

Hi,

It shows it as fully used but it is not really the case, all the unused RAM is "used" as heap for memory allocation.

For the statically used RAM see the generated .map and .dmp files.

Giovanni
Post Reply