Search found 71 matches
- Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/EX
- Topic: Use of GPIO interrupts in EX drivers
- Replies: 14
- Views: 62360
Re: Use of GPIO interrupts in EX drivers
This sounds very good, I am looking forward to it - I find the current EXT configuration system somewhat cumbersome, especially when moving between ports. It's great that now the complexity will be shifted from the end user to the port implementation.
- Wed May 25, 2016 8:34 am
- Forum: ChibiOS/EX
- Topic: Use of GPIO interrupts in EX drivers
- Replies: 14
- Views: 62360
Re: Use of GPIO interrupts in EX drivers
I personally like #5 the most. {E.g. the current USB-CDC 'driver' implementation works like that, you need to call a particular hook from the start-of-frame handler for the driver to work.}
Also, for instance on Kinetis, the EXT configuration structure doesn't need to contain anything else than the ...
Also, for instance on Kinetis, the EXT configuration structure doesn't need to contain anything else than the ...
- Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:35 am
- Forum: Kinetis Support
- Topic: I2C clock
- Replies: 6
- Views: 37366
Re: I2C clock
I've been playing around with the I2C driver: m
No really substantial changes; I've fixed the clock bug Fred reported, and slightly rewrote the driver itself and added comments - I needed to clear up for myself what's going on where. One of the reasons for the rewrite (basically moved if/else ...
No really substantial changes; I've fixed the clock bug Fred reported, and slightly rewrote the driver itself and added comments - I needed to clear up for myself what's going on where. One of the reasons for the rewrite (basically moved if/else ...
- Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:44 am
- Forum: STM32 Support
- Topic: Calling stm32 internal bootloader from application
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13419
Re: Calling stm32 internal bootloader from application
I have actually discovered that the approach I described does not quite work (on F042) because F042's bootloader *always* checks the BOOT0 pin (and the only other possibility is setting the option byte) - so the only reliable way I found to not just jump to the bootloader code but also stay there is ...
- Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:03 am
- Forum: Kinetis Support
- Topic: I2C clock
- Replies: 6
- Views: 37366
Re: I2C clock
The current kinetis i2c driver would actually benefit from a slight overhaul: add DMA, implement timeout (ignored in the current implementation); also I ran into a problem when i2cMasterTransmitTimeout is called with 'rxsize' 0 (this is indicated in the ChibiOS docs to be done when transmit is ...
- Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:41 pm
- Forum: General Support
- Topic: GCC/ld/rules.ld adjustment
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3420
Re: GCC/ld/rules.ld adjustment
Thanks, that should do as well. Nice solution!
- Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:16 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/RT
- Topic: Mailbox - How to pass a pointer correct
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12566
Re: Mailbox - How to pass a pointer correct
There may be a better way of doing this, I would go with
Code: Select all
uint8_t Pool_Buffer[OUTPUT_BUFFER_LEN*sizeof(OutputMessage)];
- Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:58 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/RT
- Topic: Mailbox - How to pass a pointer correct
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12566
Re: Mailbox - How to pass a pointer correct
So the mailbox mechanism is working fine - you get out exactly what you post in.
BTW your pool code looks a bit fishy to me: Pool_Buffer contains 128 "pointers to OutputMessage" (sizeof each of the 128 things is the size of the pointer). But in the chPoolObjectInit call you declare that each item ...
BTW your pool code looks a bit fishy to me: Pool_Buffer contains 128 "pointers to OutputMessage" (sizeof each of the 128 things is the size of the pointer). But in the chPoolObjectInit call you declare that each item ...
- Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:01 pm
- Forum: ChibiOS/RT
- Topic: Mailbox - How to pass a pointer correct
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12566
Re: Mailbox - How to pass a pointer correct
I think it should be
The second parameter to chMBFetch should a pointer to the thing you want to receive. You want to receive a pointer.
Code: Select all
OutputMessage *current;
chMBFetch(&(VCOM.Output_Queue), (msg_t*)¤t, TIME_IMMEDIATE);
The second parameter to chMBFetch should a pointer to the thing you want to receive. You want to receive a pointer.
- Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:48 am
- Forum: Kinetis Support
- Topic: Core to contrib move
- Replies: 5
- Views: 35045
Re: Core to contrib move
Thanks! Pretty cool! {I was starting to get antsy.} I hope it's mostly OK. I tested what I could and tried to code conscientously ...
@jstruebel - I did not add your FRDM-K20D50M/USB_SERIAL demo because the USB_SERIAL demos needed slight updating (at least Makefile, chconf.h) and I do not have a ...
@jstruebel - I did not add your FRDM-K20D50M/USB_SERIAL demo because the USB_SERIAL demos needed slight updating (at least Makefile, chconf.h) and I do not have a ...